TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Mental Health Use this forum to share your mental health concerns and to seek advice.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
ladoglover Offline
Banned
Average Joe

Points: 6,485, Level: 11 Points: 6,485, Level: 11 Points: 6,485, Level: 11

Funny things you have done in therapy and or mental hospitals - January 1st 2021, 08:43 PM

Filing out the paperwork to see a therapist. The number I put when it says put a number down for an emergency contact. I put down another therapists number for my emergency contact LOL I'm so naughty
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount59

Edit avatar

Re: Funny things you have done in therapy and or mental hospitals - January 1st 2021, 08:52 PM

I don't think that was funny at all and I don't think there's really anything funny that can be done in therapy or a hospital.

But to each their own.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
ladoglover Offline
Banned
Average Joe

Re: Funny things you have done in therapy and or mental hospitals - January 1st 2021, 08:55 PM

At a mental hospital I played hide and go seek . IT WAS FUNNY SO MUCH FUN.

For place of Birth should I put out of my moms vagina or should I put at a hospital or should I put hospital birth? LOL to be funny and put something most people don't.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
ladoglover Offline
Banned
Average Joe

Re: Funny things you have done in therapy and or mental hospitals - January 1st 2021, 08:59 PM

For children I'm going to put Cody (dog) age 7 years old gender male LOL LMAO
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
ladoglover Offline
Banned
Average Joe

Re: Funny things you have done in therapy and or mental hospitals - January 1st 2021, 09:01 PM

Next question LMAO- Do any of your children require special needs or have a medical/psychological diagnosis? HAHAHAHA I can put so much for this. I'm going to say separation anxiety LOL
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount59

Edit avatar

Re: Funny things you have done in therapy and or mental hospitals - January 1st 2021, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladoglover View Post
Next question LMAO- Do any of your children require special needs or have a medical/psychological diagnosis? HAHAHAHA I can put so much for this. I'm going to say separation anxiety LOL
Disability is not something to joke about, Lauri. Are you all right? I really think you should re-evaluate what you are posting and ask yourself whether or not these "questions" are appropriate for this type of message board. You very well know that TeenHelp is a support forum, and your posts seem to do nothing but mock those with mental health issues or neurodiversity/other disabilities.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
ladoglover Offline
Banned
Average Joe

Re: Funny things you have done in therapy and or mental hospitals - January 1st 2021, 09:09 PM

I am not joking about disabilities. I am joking about the fact that I am putting my dogs medical/psychological diagnosis in the answer box when it says to put your Childs and I am putting my dogs.
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
ladoglover Offline
Banned
Average Joe

Re: Funny things you have done in therapy and or mental hospitals - January 1st 2021, 09:13 PM

I would NEVER mock those with mental health issues or neurodiversity/other disabilities. I do NOT stigma people and I do NOT mock people. I have a LOT of compassion, empathy, caring, validation, and do not stigma. Stigmatization is wrong and I have been stigma too many times in my life. I WOULD NEVER STIGMA and I would NEVER mock.

I'm sorry if you misinterpret what I was laughing at. Have a good day
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount59

Edit avatar

Re: Funny things you have done in therapy and or mental hospitals - January 1st 2021, 09:15 PM

Quote:
I would NEVER mock those with mental health issues or neurodiversity/other disabilities. I do NOT stigma people and I do NOT mock people. I have a LOT of compassion, empathy, caring, validation, and do not stigma. Stigmatization is wrong and I have been stigma too many times in my life. I WOULD NEVER STIGMA and I would NEVER mock.

I'm sorry if you misinterpret what I was laughing at. Have a good day
There was no misinterpretation, you did not specify you were speaking about your dog.

Have a good day, Lauri.
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
ladoglover Offline
Banned
Average Joe

Re: Funny things you have done in therapy and or mental hospitals - January 1st 2021, 09:21 PM

First it asked if I had any children in which I replied cody (dog) 7 years male and then my next post was the question about does your child require special needs or have a medical/psychological diagnosis? It is obvious the two questions are related as I posted one right after another. Since they are related its obvious that from the previous post that I am laughing about putting my dogs medical/psychological diagnosis in to the blank and therefore NOT laughing or mocking mental health issues or neurodiversity/other disabilities.

I am sorry you misinterpreted and did not realize that.
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Just Peachy. Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Points: 63,646, Level: 36 Points: 63,646, Level: 36 Points: 63,646, Level: 36

Re: Funny things you have done in therapy and or mental hospitals - January 2nd 2021, 12:04 AM

I think when it comes to doing paperwork for a medical/mental health facility, it is important to be as honest as possible so they can help you. These questions are asked for a good reason. However, I do think that putting your dog down is light hearted, and I don’t think that’s a big deal. But it is still best to be honest. Some of these questions are asked so they have a detailed history of you, and some are asked because it might help when it comes to treatment. These documents that you fill out are official and stay in your chart, so accuracy is best!

I definitely understand why you want to answer these questions the way you do, and play hide and go seek. It’s fun! And it can make things less stressful for you during a time that may be scary. What other safe games can you play in this situation? You can group in your therapist, that could be fun!

(#12 (permalink)) Old
ladoglover Offline
Banned
Average Joe

Re: Funny things you have done in therapy and or mental hospitals - January 2nd 2021, 02:01 AM

Thanks for playing along {: I think people here need to lighten up sometimes. Yes, I bet I gave her a good laugh or a what wait a minute what did she put moment I never seen some one do this before LOL. Are you saying I should play hide and go seek with my therapist? LOL I am doing online therapy. Well I am not sure if it will work out with this therapist as they always leave me or say they can't see me because of reasons like oh I do not see people with that disorder and so on.

Any ways I am doing it online. I feel doing it online will make it easier to not get close to her. I always wanted to do play therapy with a therapist but always was too embarrassed to tell them I wanted to play with toys during therapy. It still is awkward to me. Even doing online therapy asking to play with toys is uncomfortable and awkward to me even though its something I want. Its only fun if the other person plays along though.
I might ease in to it with her. Show her my slumberkins and explain to her these help me deal with emotions. Show her the ibex stuffed animal and say he represents big emotions and then show her the unicorn this one represents authenticity.

I wish I could get in chat and play that truth or dare game I made up that I tried to play one night but every one was a party pooper and wouldn't play }:
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
Librarian
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Wendi

Points: 10,282, Level: 14 Points: 10,282, Level: 14 Points: 10,282, Level: 14

Re: Funny things you have done in therapy and or mental hospitals - January 2nd 2021, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Filing out the paperwork to see a therapist. The number I put when it says put a number down for an emergency contact. I put down another therapists number for my emergency contact LOL I'm so naughty

Yes, you may have been naughty if you didn't ask that other therapist's permission to use their their phone number without permission.

I don't think you are aware you're having a manic high. And confusing and/or offending others without realising. You've upset me, assuming that like others, I "play along" as you put it in another post on this thread. Fact is, I play things straight, all the way down the line.

And I am highly offended that you delight in taking the mick out of the mental health service, because in my opine you are being very unfair in your judging others who have, some of them, quite serious emotional issues. Like me. But you would not know that.

I hope you have a good day because since last night, or, shortly before dawn, I most definitely did not. What you wrote was hurtful

Last edited by DeletedAccount53; January 2nd 2021 at 09:27 AM. Reason: removal of some words,
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
ladoglover Offline
Banned
Average Joe

Re: Funny things you have done in therapy and or mental hospitals - January 2nd 2021, 03:50 PM

Okay close this thread. People are TWISTING THIS AROUND WHICH IS RIDICUOLOUSE HOW MUCH THAT IS DONE HERE.
People on here want to constantly twist things in to negative things and in to things THAT THEY ARE CLEARLY NOT ITS RIDILCOUSE AND ANNOYING.

IT IS VERY CLEAR AND OBVIOUS I AM NOT MAKING FUN OF ANY ONE WITH A MENTAL DISORDER , I AM NOT SIGMA ANY ONE, I AM NOT MAKING FUN, NOT JUDGING OTHERS AND NOT DOING WHAT EVER ELSE YOU WANT TO SAY I AM THAT I AM CLEARLY NOT.

LIGHTEN UP PEOPLE

IT WAS A FUNNY. MY THERAPIST IS NEVER GOING TO CALL MY EMERGENCY NUMBER THEREFORE IT S NOT A
BIG DEAL I PUT A THERAPITS NUMBER INSTEAD OF MY MOMS.
I WAS LAUGHING AT PUTING my dogs name where it said put your child s name. ITS A FUNNY FOR GOD SAKE PUTING MY DOGS NAME WHERE IT SAYS TO PUT YOUR CHILDS NAME.

I was laughing at where it said put your Childs disability special needs or medical/psychological diagnosis BECAUSE I was going to put my dogs disability special needs or medical/psychological diagnosis instead. ITS A FUNNY PUTTING MY DOGS MEDICAL ISSUES IN THE BLANK WHERE IT SAYS PUT YOUR CHILDS AND I INSTEAD PUT MY DOGS MEDICAL ISSUES.

LIGHTEN UP PEOPLE FOR REAL. STOP TWISTING MY WORDS IN TO THINGS THERE NOT. IT IS VERY CLEAR AND OBVIOUS I AM NOT MAKING FUN OR STIGMATIZING ANY ONE.

STOP TWISTING STUFF IN TO THINGS ITS NOT

I AM NOT A BAD PERSON and the thought you really thought I was mocking, discriminating and so on some one with a mental health disorder hurts. I would NEVER mock those with mental health issues or neurodiversity/other disabilities. I do NOT stigma people and I do NOT mock people. I have a LOT of compassion, empathy, caring, validation, and do not stigma. Stigmatization is wrong and I have been stigma too many times in my life. I WOULD NEVER STIGMA and I would NEVER mock.[/size]

Last edited by ladoglover; January 2nd 2021 at 05:05 PM.
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
Just Peachy. Offline
Normality, my friends.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Lynds :)

Points: 63,646, Level: 36 Points: 63,646, Level: 36 Points: 63,646, Level: 36

Re: Funny things you have done in therapy and or mental hospitals - January 2nd 2021, 04:26 PM

I understand where you are coming from, I do. But, not everyone does. And it is not up to you to decide how other people feel about something you say. I think the biggest hang up here is that you posted something and you did not receive the reaction you wanted. And instead of trying to understand why people feel the way you do, you’re telling them to lighten up. People aren’t going to feel a certain way just because you THINK they should.

Even though I understand your meaning and intent, I can understand why people might take offense to your post. I see you say a lot of things about people here that indicate you’re not happy here. I encourage you to consider that maybe TeenHelp is not for you. We welcome everyone, and want to help everyone, but sometimes this site isn’t the right fit for people. Heck, I took a break years and years ago because TH wasn’t what I needed at that point in my life. I only recently came back. It’s okay to walk away. However, if you choose to stick around- that’s okay too! I would encourage typing your posts in a separate document, then read it as if it was being written to you. Ask yourself how you feel when reading it. This may help tone down some of the verbiage that is considered offensive to some of our user. Challenge yourself to reword your posts (not censor yourself- reword).

I believe that you are an awesome asset here. You give fantastic advice. I want to continue to see the kind, caring Lauri that I know you are.

(#16 (permalink)) Old
ladoglover Offline
Banned
Average Joe

Re: Funny things you have done in therapy and or mental hospitals - January 2nd 2021, 04:33 PM

Thanks {: Yes, new me because its a new year. I am going to spend less time here, more time helping here and going to behave.

Do I need to reword? I do not want an infraction for being rude. Is it rude what I wrote? I felt it was not rude what I wrote. If I need to edit it before I get in trouble I will.
  (#17 (permalink)) Old
ladoglover Offline
Banned
Average Joe

Re: Funny things you have done in therapy and or mental hospitals - January 2nd 2021, 04:46 PM

thanks. Your right does not always need to be a mom . Could be a friend or girlfriend.

This thread can be closed now. Have a wonderful new years everyone
  (#18 (permalink)) Old
Librarian
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Wendi

Points: 10,282, Level: 14 Points: 10,282, Level: 14 Points: 10,282, Level: 14

Re: Funny things you have done in therapy and or mental hospitals - January 2nd 2021, 04:57 PM

May I suggest that using block capital letters is considered to be shouting, which I interpret to be a form of bullying. And lord knows I have lad a lifetime being shouted at by a horrible mother.

Like it or not ladoglover, I maintain my stance in my previous message. Kindly not shout to make your message clear.
  (#19 (permalink)) Old
ladoglover Offline
Banned
Average Joe

Re: Funny things you have done in therapy and or mental hospitals - January 2nd 2021, 05:05 PM

Okay I put it in a smaller size. I am sorry that you take everything so serious. Have a great day .
  (#20 (permalink)) Old
ladoglover Offline
Banned
Average Joe

Re: Funny things you have done in therapy and or mental hospitals - January 2nd 2021, 05:40 PM

.......close
  (#21 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Superstar

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,473, Level: 59 Points: 172,473, Level: 59 Points: 172,473, Level: 59

Re: Funny things you have done in therapy and or mental hospitals - January 2nd 2021, 06:22 PM

Closed upon your request

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive
Closed Thread