View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
NeuroBeautiful Offline
Please call that story back.
I've been here a while

Name: Violet

Points: 29,446, Level: 24 Points: 29,446, Level: 24 Points: 29,446, Level: 24

Re: Struggling in therapy, in life - January 10th 2021, 11:30 AM

Thank you for your thorough response. I tried the email thing and sent her an email. I guess tomorrow evening will be when we discuss it at session. I have used email with one former therapist in particular and it really helped to have the combination of face to face and email. I have considered 100% email based therapists but then I would miss out on the live interaction and the dedication to spend an interrupted 45 minutes a week on my mental health.

I did start a group art therapy and had 1 session so far. That is something I agreed to commit to for the duration of the weekly sessions for 3 months (until mid April) So im thinking of how to best utilize both sessions to the fullest.

May be in the future I would combine live group therapy and an email based individual therapist.

I also have a hotline organization that I've been emailing, using the chat line and calling every now and then for a few years. I no longer use the phone line because that's for crisis. I occasionally use the Chatline when it is night time and my self harm urges are strong. It is not a 24 hour hot line so that's when I would try to hold on until I can access support. I guess since moving in August to a new city and with covid, a lot of my support network either was lost or changed to online. It has been scattered as well. Sometimes out of the blue a friend would whatsapp me and ask if I want to talk on video call and I 3ould realize that because we haven't spoke in so long, I closed up and don't want her to see me in a distressed state and then i end up isolating unless I'm in a positive mood and then my standards get higher and higher and before I know it in waiting for the perfect mood that I feel worthy enough to let people see me. I can't keep waiting around for the sporadic perfect mood just to feel worthy enough to socialize.

I am going to put together a list of things I'd like to bring up with her based on what you mentioned and email her for the week after about things we can start doing. My fear is that because she is an intern and is in college that I will be bombarding her.

Last edited by NeuroBeautiful; January 10th 2021 at 11:55 AM.