View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount53 Offline
Librarian
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Wendi

Points: 10,282, Level: 14 Points: 10,282, Level: 14 Points: 10,282, Level: 14

And now we are 4! - January 26th 2021, 09:30 AM

For some time our lawyer has been working with a private investigator to determine whether Julie and I had any siblings that our unstable late parents had not spoken about. It was not until some three weeks ago that the PI discovered a young girl living in an orphanage in Switzerland whose description and photos were a close match. This revelation raised questions and some anxiety for us, too, but until about a week ago it became clear that Julie and I have a little sister called Thomasina, or "Tommy" as she prefers being called.

Tommy was DNA tested at around the time of our mother and father's deaths, which was done for legal reasons so the adoption people would accept the child. Her other personal information was as important for her foster parents as it was for us, so these last few weeks we let the PI and our lawyer get on with things, like when we were sick with chest infections and before that, my online university degree exams. Then our maman got called by our lawyer, and now today we have a delightful, sparky young girl on the cusp of 12, though we thought Tommy was younger.

We had a lovely spare bedroom overlooking the sea, previously used as a store room. Now our little sister has a comfy new queen sized bed, and a lovely antique French armoire built from fruitwood. She loved them, and ran back to hug us. I've also ordered a beautiful slim desk which will suit her well.

Tommy will start at a lovely school in our town, but in springtime. This will enable her to get used to living here and give us time to get her a smartphone, laptop, clothes and all the stuff a young girl needs. And why not? Julie and I were deprived all that.

So now we are a happy family. We're just going to have to take a day at a time. One thing Tommy is into - she cooks! Well, what a surprise!

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” - Thomas A. Edison.

Thomas Edison tried over two thousand times to invent the lightbulb.