View Single Post
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount53 Offline
Librarian
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Wendi

Points: 10,282, Level: 14 Points: 10,282, Level: 14 Points: 10,282, Level: 14

Re: Maman - February 18th 2021, 01:56 PM

Sadly our maman became unbearable to live with, refusing to move away from Julie and Tommy when asked to go outside to smoke, she became abusive. I don't take kindly to being sworn at. I won't tolerate bullying of any kinds, not to Julie or to Tommy. We've been good to her, our behaviour caring and kind, not making noise other than enjoying music from the radio, but hardly having the volume knob turned up. I've cleaned up maman's mess, gagged at saucers being used as ashtrays, and tidying the galley after she's blitzing it.

Tommy has been well behaved, preferring to be as far away from our maman as possible. She sits up at the helm, or down in her cabin, headphones on and crocheting, or knitting a jumper for herself. We love our little sister. Though cheeky she's never been overtly rude. She's been enjoying her time with us, but winces every time our maman is near her. That is not how things should be. So when Tommy told us our maman has been shouting at her, that was when I stepped in.

Since maman's sisters have left, she wrote us yet another letter, written quite unpleasantly referring to Julie, so my sister and I unanimously decided, with Tommy, to formally rescind her adoption of us by contacting our lawyer to start proceedings. Documents are being prepared to be sent for for maman to sign. This eventually will get her out of our lives and hopefully, allow us a less volcanic relationship since all maman has done during our vacation was make our lives a misery.

She has her own home in Monaco so she can come and go. Also she has an apartment in Paris, and a penthouse suite in uptown New York and also one in Manhattan. So it's up to maman to go wherever she feels like, without vexing me at every opportunity.

There comes a time when all this unnecessary crap and aggravation has to stop.

We intended heading down to Sicily, but Mount Etna has been spewing ash and volcanic lava from her south crater, in addition to the volcano's main crater firing boulders everywhere. Even now in the far distance there's a foul band of yellowy-grey smoke spanning the horizon to the south-east. Instead, last night we unanimously agreed to embark to Gibraltar, but may have to take a tender to the port unless a mooring space becomes available. The captain of our yacht will ascertain that hopefully soon. Yachting fuel is much cheaper at Gibraltar and our captain needs to tank up.

The distance between the Port of Cagliari to the Port of Gibraltar is 785 nautical miles. Cruising comfortably in good sea conditions since 01:00 this morning, we should be there in 1.9 days. Gibraltar is mostly duty-free and that can mean even cheaper whisky if I get lucky. But importantly I want my sisters and our girl crew to thoroughly enjoy ourselves, only without our 2-legged Calder Hall fogging up the cabins.

“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” - Thomas A. Edison.

Thomas Edison tried over two thousand times to invent the lightbulb.