Thread: Female Advice Preferred: Is this okay?
View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Mallika Offline
HelpLINK Mentor

Regular TeenHelper

Name: Mallika

Points: 11,409, Level: 15 Points: 11,409, Level: 15 Points: 11,409, Level: 15

Re: Is this okay? - February 27th 2021, 06:30 AM

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out! I think Eli has given a great answer there and I will just add on to what they've said.

Touching someone else's private parts without consent is not appropriate, no matter what the circumstances are. In this case, both parties (you and her) did exactly this, so both of you were in the wrong. When the girl touched you inappropriately, you felt violated, right? She would've felt the same way when you did the same to her.

No doubt you feel upset, confused and perhaps even angry right now. Let's take this as a lesson and try to work on some areas for improvement. While you can't change what has already happened, you can do a couple of things.

First, owning up to our follies is a sign of a person with great virtue. That's what a real gentleman would do. I suggest that you meet her in person to politely and sincerely apologise for what you did. It's important that you are sincere, because that would mean that you will not have to be in this situation again. You too deserve an apology from her, which she will give if she has truly reflected upon this. But I'd suggest that you still go ahead and apologise to her rather than wait for her to apologise first. That's the kind of action honest people are made of, especially when one has realised that they hurt someone

Secondly, don't take to heart what she said. She made a nasty comment about your body, which was fully unwarranted. I hope that you aren't feeling too down by her comment. If you need to talk to someone in person about how you're feeling about her specific comment, I suggest meeting a teacher or a guidance counsellor at school.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions!

~ Seize each day and live it like your last ~

HelpLINK Mentor | Forum Moderator