(#4 (permalink)) Old
Mallika Offline
HelpLINK Mentor

Regular TeenHelper

Name: Mallika

Points: 11,409, Level: 15 Points: 11,409, Level: 15 Points: 11,409, Level: 15

Re: I have a crush on my best friend - March 7th 2021, 05:17 AM

Hello there,

Thank you for reaching out. Firstly, I'm so sorry to hear that you had to find out that she had a girlfriend out of the blue, especially when you have a massive crush on her.

The same thing happened to me before when I had a huge crush on a male schoolmate and I subsequently found out that he liked someone else and was on the verge of dating her. I remember those awful pangs of jealously; they hurt like hell and it feels like your heart shatters into a thousand pieces. I know how it feels.

Unfortunately, this is one of those helpless situations where we really can't do anything. Neither can we expect to change their heart nor can we force our feelings on another person. Unrequited love is one of the harsh realities of life.

The best thing to do is try to accept it for what it is, make peace with it and move on. This too happens in life. But trust me, just because this door closes doesn't mean that all chances at love are shut down. As much as you loved this person very much, what I learned from experience is that we do eventually meet other people and begin to have romantic feelings again.

I hope you're taking care of yourself in this situation. Feel free to PM me if you'd like to chat about anything

~ Seize each day and live it like your last ~

HelpLINK Mentor | Forum Moderator