View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: My school's laughable anti-bullying stance - March 15th 2021, 05:03 PM

I can't imagine what you must have gone through during your time there. It must have truly been quite damaging for you. It's very good that your sister took you in and made sure to give you a better, more well-deserved education. I think this is definitely what you need.

In regards to the bullies' parents donating large sums of money, I think situations like this give people self-entitlement. They feel entitled to do whatever they want and those on the receiving end, this being the head mistress, were at the mercy. I imagine her reaction to your letter had to be done not necessarily because she wanted to, but because she felt she had no choice. She sounds like she' being backed into a corner. Either she allows the poor situation at the school to continue in exchange for money, or the place falls into rack and ruin. It may be worth encouraging her to speak out about the ordeal, though I think it may be hard going. The choice between money and doing what is right is often quite difficult, if one is placed in such a situation. She must be quite desperate.

I can only hope that all those who've harmed you and others at that school are brought to justice. In the meantime, I'm glad you're continuing with your counsellor, she is very good.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.