Sprite-1 Offline
Banned
Average Joe

Name: Tommy

Points: 3,066, Level: 8 Points: 3,066, Level: 8 Points: 3,066, Level: 8

Re: My school's laughable anti-bullying stance - March 16th 2021, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivière View Post
I can't imagine what you must have gone through during your time there. It must have truly been quite damaging for you. It's very good that your sister took you in and made sure to give you a better, more well-deserved education. I think this is definitely what you need.

In regards to the bullies' parents donating large sums of money, I think situations like this give people self-entitlement. They feel entitled to do whatever they want and those on the receiving end, this being the head mistress, were at the mercy. I imagine her reaction to your letter had to be done not necessarily because she wanted to, but because she felt she had no choice. She sounds like she' being backed into a corner. Either she allows the poor situation at the school to continue in exchange for money, or the place falls into rack and ruin. It may be worth encouraging her to speak out about the ordeal, though I think it may be hard going. The choice between money and doing what is right is often quite difficult, if one is placed in such a situation. She must be quite desperate.

I can only hope that all those who've harmed you and others at that school are brought to justice. In the meantime, I'm glad you're continuing with your counsellor, she is very good.

Trigger Warning: Suicide.

I felt good to have another session earlier this morning, during which I made a lot of notes. The lady printed off her session, and the previous, so I had a record of it. I liked that she slipped the papers into a plastic see-through folder. Now I have a permanent record of what she guided me with. I'm very pleased, but as always, after the session I felt drained. It's only natural she told me. Just take things easy. At my own pace. The lady is warmly friendly and listens. She makes notes, but has my complete attention. What I like about this counsellor is we have a very good client-professional, but friendly relationship. I feel I am able to tell her anything though she was affected when I talked about my best friend's death. We were in my bestie's room and talked to her about the hell we were going through. I tried to help her. Even had her on my lap as she wept. Then all I remember was turning away to get a book out of my bag when I heard a thump and a crack. I turned around and saw she'd hung herself. I tried to revive her. Then everything went black. I'd fainted.

Someone found us. Ted said he was with me until I woke. We cried together that night. He and I, we kept each other going. We cried, we hugged and hugged more. One night we met outside in the dark. (Everyone had their own bedrooms). Ted took my hand and we walked to the grassy area, lay on on backs and looked up the stars. We kept holding hands. The stars were everywhere, a silvery veil of stars, and a shower of shooting stars, the Perseids. It was as if they came down to surround us, but I was crying as was Ted. That night of August he took me in his arms and kissed me. He said he would always have my back. And promised me we would get out of this place.

I call him "Ted" because he's just like a well loved teddy bear. Longish hair, amber eyes, a kind smile. So gentle. I always felt happy and warm and comfy when he was around. He fought alongside me against the thugs. He's strong but gentle all rolled into one. The night of the Perseids we fell in love. People may say we were too young to fall in love. But they hadn't lived in this castle and what went on inside it.

Now we are free. Ted and I have a guardian in Leonardo. Ted is coming to stay with us, and it's going to be permanent. We, with Leonardo, will be a family. And one day, when the time feels right, Ted and I will be together. Until then, we are going to school, a new school, together. Ted's been having counselling, too. Again (he says), with a very nice lady. But when he moves to Monaco, my counsellor is hoping to take him on. Ted is coming this weekend. I'm so excited!

As I explained to Hollie, it is pointless pursuing litigation against this corruption that was in my previous school. This may seem unjust to you, but Monaco has a very different culture not only to Europe, but also other countries. Apart from being a tax haven, it's probably the safest place in the world. I will have something important to explain to Ted at some time, but since he is a very understanding guy, and non-judgemental, he is likely to take me as I am. Sorry I cannot specify what I'm referring to because this is a public forum, but even Wendi and Julie think as does Leonardo, that Ted will be level-headed and not feel at all uncomfortable. He and I were together for what felt a long time in The Hole. He knows me well enough even now. My parents and what mum left me, and Monaco's affluent lifestyle is something I conscientiously don't lead. I am what I am, and I have never changed except only for becoming a far better person thanks to my counsellor whose sessions, though very draining, are a very distinct guide that is eventually going to make me whole again.

Wendi said, and I quote. "I think happiness in life may ultimately depend on our ability to appreciate the small stuff."

This is Ted and me and, all of us. Now, I am looking at the future with a knowing smile. However terrible our past was, we are living in the present. And, going to be Family.

Life will throw mud at us. There will be climate change, appalling weather and social changes to the public as a whole. But when that happens we will stand strong.