View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Superstar

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,604, Level: 59 Points: 172,604, Level: 59 Points: 172,604, Level: 59

My uncle died last night. - March 23rd 2021, 01:34 AM

My uncle passed away sometime during the night last night. He had been sick for a while and had been in and out of the hospital for a while. But, he got good reports from his doctors last week so it did come as a shock that he suddenly passed away. I also was talking to him just a few weeks ago and he seemed to be in good spirits. And now he's dead. It's also weird because I have him on Facebook and I think he's the first dead person have on FB, but I'd never delete him off.

He was my favorite uncle. He was the one whose house we held birthday parties at, the one where we'd go swimming over the summer and hang out with everyone. He also really helped me pass some of my high school and college classes by helping with math and also with studying for tests when the vocabulary words were too hard for my parents to pronounce.

I have a few photos of him when I was a baby and one from when he came to my national honor society induction in high school. I wish I had more.

Gone one day, here the next I guess.

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive