View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: National Puppy Day! - March 24th 2021, 12:03 AM

We owned quite a few dogs when I was growing up. We had 3 airedale terriers and one poodle. We had to leave one terrier (his name was Rats) behind when we moved away from living with my father. My nan owned two. Judy and Lucy. Judy was especially protective of my nan, whereas Lucy was the more protective in a motherly sort of way. Judy wouldn't let anybody near her but for some reason, out of everyone, including my family, she was completely ok with me being around. Anybody else and she'd bark a lot and try to bite them.

We also had puppy for a short while. She was black but I forgot what breed she was. Her name was Jenny and she always barked over and over and over.

Our poodle was named Lady. We had her since I was around 3-4 years old. She died in 2 months before my 16th birthday. She was especially parental when it came to me. Every time I would fall asleep on the living room floor I'd wake up to her lying asleep next to me with her paw on me. It really devastated my uncle when she died, because she always slept in the room with him at night and he spent the most time with her.

We decided not to have anymore pets after she died, and moved home shortly after.

Whether I'd have a pet of my own in the future I don't know. It feels like a lot of responsibility for me. Though if I were to have a pet dog, it'd totally be a malamute husky.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.