TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pets Whether you prefer four-legged creatures, reptiles, or any animal in between, use this forum for any questions you have about your pets or pets you would like to have.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 57,786, Level: 34 Points: 57,786, Level: 34 Points: 57,786, Level: 34

National Puppy Day! - March 23rd 2021, 12:48 PM

Today is all about puppies!

Despite there being reports of more puppies and dogs being bought during the pandemic, I've never had a dog or a puppy. One day, I'd like to get a playful husky puppy

As we celebrate national puppy day, I'd like to hear all about your dogs and puppies! What breed are they? How would you describe their personality? Any fun or cute stories you'd like to share? If you don't have a dog, what type of dog would you like to have?

Mentoring and Support Team Leader | Click here to volunteer
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?

Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39

Re: National Puppy Day! - March 23rd 2021, 01:00 PM

Hooray for puppies!

I've never owned a dog either, but as soon as I have the space and the circumstances are right, my first puppy will be a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. Eventually when I have more dog experience, I'd love a greyhound. Or an afghan hound because they're the most fabulous looking dog I've ever seen!

I know somebody who has a husky and they're definitely a handful! It took a lot of training to get her to listen, but now she's one of the most amazing dogs I've met. I hope you manage to get yourself one! Judging by your sig I had no idea you'd have chosen that breed

Can't wait to hear everyone elses puppy stories! Happy National Puppy Day everyone.

"Why want another universe if this one has dogs?"

Matt Haig - The Midnight Library

Volunteer Support Officer | Apply to staff
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: National Puppy Day! - March 24th 2021, 12:03 AM

We owned quite a few dogs when I was growing up. We had 3 airedale terriers and one poodle. We had to leave one terrier (his name was Rats) behind when we moved away from living with my father. My nan owned two. Judy and Lucy. Judy was especially protective of my nan, whereas Lucy was the more protective in a motherly sort of way. Judy wouldn't let anybody near her but for some reason, out of everyone, including my family, she was completely ok with me being around. Anybody else and she'd bark a lot and try to bite them.

We also had puppy for a short while. She was black but I forgot what breed she was. Her name was Jenny and she always barked over and over and over.

Our poodle was named Lady. We had her since I was around 3-4 years old. She died in 2 months before my 16th birthday. She was especially parental when it came to me. Every time I would fall asleep on the living room floor I'd wake up to her lying asleep next to me with her paw on me. It really devastated my uncle when she died, because she always slept in the room with him at night and he spent the most time with her.

We decided not to have anymore pets after she died, and moved home shortly after.

Whether I'd have a pet of my own in the future I don't know. It feels like a lot of responsibility for me. Though if I were to have a pet dog, it'd totally be a malamute husky.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Re: National Puppy Day! - March 24th 2021, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everglow. View Post

I've never owned a dog either, but as soon as I have the space and the circumstances are right, my first puppy will be a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. Eventually when I have more dog experience, I'd love a greyhound. Or an afghan hound because they're the most fabulous looking dog I've ever seen!

Cavaliers are so cute! Yeah, greyhounds sound like they may need more experienced handling and plenty of exercise too! And the hair on an Afghan hound definitely looks like they are the most glamourous of dog breeds

Totally not obvious that I love huskies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivière View Post
We owned quite a few dogs when I was growing up. We had 3 airedale terriers and one poodle. We had to leave one terrier (his name was Rats) behind when we moved away from living with my father. My nan owned two. Judy and Lucy. Judy was especially protective of my nan, whereas Lucy was the more protective in a motherly sort of way. Judy wouldn't let anybody near her but for some reason, out of everyone, including my family, she was completely ok with me being around. Anybody else and she'd bark a lot and try to bite them.

We also had puppy for a short while. She was black but I forgot what breed she was. Her name was Jenny and she always barked over and over and over.

Our poodle was named Lady. We had her since I was around 3-4 years old. She died in 2 months before my 16th birthday. She was especially parental when it came to me. Every time I would fall asleep on the living room floor I'd wake up to her lying asleep next to me with her paw on me. It really devastated my uncle when she died, because she always slept in the room with him at night and he spent the most time with her.

We decided not to have anymore pets after she died, and moved home shortly after.

Whether I'd have a pet of my own in the future I don't know. It feels like a lot of responsibility for me. Though if I were to have a pet dog, it'd totally be a malamute husky.
I love the name 'Rats' for an airedale terrier! But wow, I didn't realise that dogs could be that protective over their human families! Lady sounds like she was a very loveable dog though and understandable it was devastating to loose her.

I'm the same in that respect- I think I'd like a dog, but I've never had any pets and dogs are quite a big responsibility. But malamutes and huskies are awesome

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Arabesque- golfing girl. Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance❤️

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Emmie🦋

Points: 109,140, Level: 47 Points: 109,140, Level: 47 Points: 109,140, Level: 47

Re: National Puppy Day! - March 26th 2021, 12:05 PM

I can't believe I missed puppy day. I have three dogs A blue tick hound his name is Henry and two dobermans. One is brown and her name is Sasha. The other is black, his name is Charlie.

The blue tick hound is a spotted dog and used for hunting. He is terrified of loud noises and rain. He's the oldest, has floppy ears, kids love to pet him when we are walking him. We adopted him about 6 years ago.

Sasha is a brown doberman and she's the baby of the family and she knows it. She is very sweet, loves playing with any toy, both of her brothers along with all of us, she has both ears up. My parents bought her as a puppy.

Charlie is the black doberman, he was a thrown away dog because whoever cut his ears could only get one ear to stand up, he was hit all of the time by the foster family and they didn't give him much food. He is a sweet dog, wants more love and cuddle time than playing with everyone. The dogs play together very well. I love all of my animals and couldn't live without any of them. I like bigger dogs then smaller ones. Maybe one day I'll get my own doberman or maybe a dalmatian

•Forums Officer
•HelpLINK Moderator
•Community Moderator•
Article Writer
•Resource Editor
•Newsletter Editor
• Social Media Guru.

"Dance is your pulse, your heartbeat,
It’s the rhythm
of your life.

It’s the expression
in time and movement,

in happiness, joy, sadness and envy.
-Jacques d’Ambroise''
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Re: National Puppy Day! - March 26th 2021, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfing girl View Post
I can't believe I missed puppy day. I have three dogs A blue tick hound his name is Henry and two dobermans. One is brown and her name is Sasha. The other is black, his name is Charlie.

The blue tick hound is a spotted dog and used for hunting. He is terrified of loud noises and rain. He's the oldest, has floppy ears, kids love to pet him when we are walking him. We adopted him about 6 years ago.

Sasha is a brown doberman and she's the baby of the family and she knows it. She is very sweet, loves playing with any toy, both of her brothers along with all of us, she has both ears up. My parents bought her as a puppy.

Charlie is the black doberman, he was a thrown away dog because whoever cut his ears could only get one ear to stand up, he was hit all of the time by the foster family and they didn't give him much food. He is a sweet dog, wants more love and cuddle time than playing with everyone. The dogs play together very well. I love all of my animals and couldn't live without any of them. I like bigger dogs then smaller ones. Maybe one day I'll get my own doberman or maybe a dalmatian
When you love dogs, any day can be puppy day

Henry, the blue tick hound, sounds lovely and friendly and I can understand why other kids would want to pet him! I bet Sasha loves being the baby of the family too! It's also very lovely to hear how your family got Charlie because he was thrown away and hit all the time. He sounds very cuddly and looks like he ended up with a family that really loves him. It's also good to know that all of your dogs play well together and it sounds like they really mean a lot to you too. I hope one day you get your own Doberman or Dalmatian as well

2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Arabesque- golfing girl. Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance❤️

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Emmie🦋

Points: 109,140, Level: 47 Points: 109,140, Level: 47 Points: 109,140, Level: 47

Re: National Puppy Day! - March 26th 2021, 03:27 PM

Thank you Holly

•Forums Officer
•HelpLINK Moderator
•Community Moderator•
Article Writer
•Resource Editor
•Newsletter Editor
• Social Media Guru.

"Dance is your pulse, your heartbeat,
It’s the rhythm
of your life.

It’s the expression
in time and movement,

in happiness, joy, sadness and envy.
-Jacques d’Ambroise''
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Points: 88,747, Level: 42 Points: 88,747, Level: 42 Points: 88,747, Level: 42

Re: National Puppy Day! - March 27th 2021, 02:37 AM

Happy National Puppy Day!

I've had the pleasure of having a dog for the last 21 years.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
BoyNextDoor Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Drew
Pronouns: he/him

Points: 2,824, Level: 7 Points: 2,824, Level: 7 Points: 2,824, Level: 7

Re: National Puppy Day! - January 24th 2022, 02:06 AM

i'm totally subscribing to this thread i don't have a dog but i'd love a dalmatian, a labrador, a rottweiler or a pitbull
Closed Thread