View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Sprite-1 Offline
Banned
Average Joe

Name: Tommy

Points: 3,066, Level: 8 Points: 3,066, Level: 8 Points: 3,066, Level: 8

Re: Julie's Long Covid returned - March 27th 2021, 07:18 PM

Julie has a big support network now Sarah, so it seems she is coping, but I agree. Her mental state is not as strong as it was, but she has an understanding twin sister in Wendi, and because they are twins, have a thought connection.

I've sat opposite them, crocheting a white top for summer use and occasionally I've looked up to spot them 'talking' silently to each other. Some twins have a telepathic link and this form of silent communication is very beneficial to Julie because I saw her smiling. Which was massively encouraging. And she gets lots of hugs.

Long term, I don't know and wouldn't want to dwell on what might happen. But the most important is my family having had worse things happen have become strong. By this I emotionally strong. I see this in Ted. I see this in Wendi how she makes light of something, causing us to laugh.

Leonardo is here, helping Ted while me and Wendi are doing things for our Julie. Tonight we're watching a film, and will have buckets of popcorn and likely, ice cream. I might be asked to play a song on Gretsch. Somehow we'll get through the evening, so we can start over again tomorrow.

"Take one day at a time." Wendi says. It's all we can do.

And we have Rascal now. He's a cross with a husky and a German Shepherd and Julie loves our puppy. I said Rascal might be half wolf instead and she grinned and said "Then we'll all be howling at the moon!"

Thank you for being here, for me.