(#1 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 57,786, Level: 34 Points: 57,786, Level: 34 Points: 57,786, Level: 34

National 'I am in control' day - March 30th 2021, 05:31 PM

Our calendar states that today is National 'I am in control' Day!

I had no clue that this was a thing until I took to the internet and realised that the history of this day is rather interesting. The phrase originated from the US in 1981, on the day of attempted assassination of President Ronald Reagen, where, due to the critical situation the President was in, the Secretary of State made a statement of 'As of now, I am in control here...' More information on this day can be found here.

Since then, the day has become a chance to take control of things in our lives. This could mean educationally, such as being productive with essays, taking control of our finances (for example, budgeting), our living arrangements (decluttering), our physical health (committing to exercise and a healthy diet) or mental health (engaging in therapy, sticking to medication etc). In fact, just about anything in our lives that we have some responsibility or influence over, we can make or take steps to make decisions that allow us to take control.

So, on this day, what can you do or start to do that will allow you to say to yourself 'I am in control'?

Mentoring and Support Team Leader | Click here to volunteer
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.