Thread: Triggering: Unsure on how to feel.
View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount59

Edit avatar

Re: Unsure on how to feel. - April 16th 2021, 03:35 PM

First of all, I want to say I am so sorry for you and your family's loss. Take all the time you need to grieve, and reach out if you need to. We're here for you.

I remember looking up on Wikipedia a few months back because your usage of "casual job" really confused me; so correct me if I am wrong here but I am just going off what I read from Wikipedia. In Australia, a casual job means part-time or contract, correct? I'm not saying what your manager is doing is right; but is this something you could consider as to why he's not been putting you on the roster?

Additionally, it's about to be Winter there, so it's possible he's ready to scale back as the season slows down. I have no idea where in Australia you live, if commerce depends heavily on seasonal tourists, or if businesses are open year-round. But irregardless of whether you work part-time/contract if it's year-round/seasonal; what he is doing is not right. He should be communicating with you and, when you reach out, he shouldn't be blowing you off.

I'm glad your Zoom meeting went well with a potential employer and it sounds like she's ready for you to work with her. I don't see why you shouldn't go ahead and take it; leave the other job behind.