(#3 (permalink)) Old
NeuroBeautiful Offline
Please call that story back.
I've been here a while

Name: Violet

Points: 29,677, Level: 24 Points: 29,677, Level: 24 Points: 29,677, Level: 24

Re: I know I'm not in crisis anymore and... - June 7th 2021, 11:58 PM

Hi Hollie,

Thank you for your response. It helped to hear all this.

I would say that I used to have a wider group of friends, enough that if several were unavailable that a few would be available. Nowadays though, those same people have not replied back to me in many months. They've simply moved on. I don't think they're upset at me but I guess they've just moved on with their life. When I was living in the transitional shelter, there was a built in support system and that's where most of these friends came from. People moved out from there and I have as well. June 10th will mark 3 years since I've moved out. It is still mind boggling to me how it all happened.

I have been struggling with isolation quite a bit. I don't know of anyone my age, is single and similar life stage as me in my new neighborhood. There are a few 19-23 year olds but they have their circle of friends since childhood and I am finding it hard to actually build strong relationships with them where I feel comfortable visiting and hanging out. Also most of the time I am busy with working and they're busy too. I find that I spend most of my socializing time on weekends around children which is ok if I had peers too but I don't.

~Show Yourself
Step Into Your Power~

~Grow Yourself,
Into Something New~