Thread: Lockdown.
View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Superstar

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,646, Level: 59 Points: 172,646, Level: 59 Points: 172,646, Level: 59

Re: Lockdown. - July 3rd 2021, 07:03 PM

We're pretty much entirely open now with masks only required in medical areas and if the business wants to enforce it, which a lot of bigger ones don't. That still makes me scream inside, and I scream inside when a public place has a ton of people at it. I'm fully vaccinated, but still!

That being said a lot of people started to gather before things were fully lifted here and it's frustrating. Then of course they go out into the world and oops, I infected my coworker who in turn infected their elderly mother who they live with and care for, etc. It's sad. I'm SO thankfully Connecticut is doing really well so far and only reported 35 new cases in the whole state a few days ago. Of course, as a contact tracer I've lost job security

That being said, I get your frustration. You're doing what you need to do in order to keep you and your family safe though and that is what matters the most. At least you know that you won't be putting yourself at more risk than you need to, so you likely won't be the one to get someone you love sick.

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive