TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Why Me? Here is a safe space to let it all out, where you can rant about all the bad things life throws your way. Sometimes it just helps to ask "why me?"

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Points: 88,231, Level: 42 Points: 88,231, Level: 42 Points: 88,231, Level: 42

Lockdown. - July 3rd 2021, 06:24 AM

So the state I live in has been in lockdown for the last week and we still have another week to go. The only reasons we can go leave our homes is to exercise outdoors in groups no more than 10, if we cannot work from home, shopping for essential items and for medical care. Essential, my boyfriend and I have been stuck indoors when we're not exercising outside or going to work. I can't even see my parents and I know it's for their safety as well as mine. But today, when I was going for a walk, I saw neighbors mingling together while their kids ride their bikes up and down the street, while their having a chat, no social distancing in sight. One house even had a camp chair on their lawn. I understand it's school holidays and they need to allow their children to have some outlet but how is it fair that my boyfriend, family and I are doing the right thing and there are people out there that simply don't care and break the rules? It makes me not worry about following the rules anymore and doing what I want.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?

Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39

Re: Lockdown. - July 3rd 2021, 08:14 AM

I'm sorry you're dealing with this. I hate seeing other people blatantly ignoring the rules when I'm trying hard to stick to them so I know where you're coming from. Hopefully this lockdown ends soon and you can see your family again properly.

"Why want another universe if this one has dogs?"

Matt Haig - The Midnight Library

Volunteer Support Officer | Apply to staff
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,194, Level: 59 Points: 172,194, Level: 59 Points: 172,194, Level: 59

Re: Lockdown. - July 3rd 2021, 07:03 PM

We're pretty much entirely open now with masks only required in medical areas and if the business wants to enforce it, which a lot of bigger ones don't. That still makes me scream inside, and I scream inside when a public place has a ton of people at it. I'm fully vaccinated, but still!

That being said a lot of people started to gather before things were fully lifted here and it's frustrating. Then of course they go out into the world and oops, I infected my coworker who in turn infected their elderly mother who they live with and care for, etc. It's sad. I'm SO thankfully Connecticut is doing really well so far and only reported 35 new cases in the whole state a few days ago. Of course, as a contact tracer I've lost job security

That being said, I get your frustration. You're doing what you need to do in order to keep you and your family safe though and that is what matters the most. At least you know that you won't be putting yourself at more risk than you need to, so you likely won't be the one to get someone you love sick.

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: Lockdown. - July 3rd 2021, 11:32 PM

The issue you described is happening exactly the same where I live. Even now I still try and distance myself from others when I need to do shopping, but people think because they're wearing a mask and/or have had a vaccination, they can stand a foot behind me and it'll be a-ok. Even at the gym when I'm exercising and not working, young people will stand barely any space away from me and exercise. At one point I ended up turning around telling them to give me some space because they were that close. Plus another regular member I speak to had a similar situation where they were exercising and some young boys had zero situational awareness and nearly knocked her in the middle of a heavy lift.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Lockdown. - July 4th 2021, 03:46 AM

I'm just so frustrated because we haven't had as many cases as what other countries have had but the government doesn't seem to care about the vaccine. I'm not even eligible for the Pziefer vaccination yet and who knows how long that will take?

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Arabesque- golfing girl. Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance❤️

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Emmie🦋

Points: 107,364, Level: 46 Points: 107,364, Level: 46 Points: 107,364, Level: 46

Re: Lockdown. - July 4th 2021, 10:50 AM

Hello,

I am so sorry about all of this and I hope that you will be okay soon. When we are in lockdown it is not a good feeling to have, because we are upset, angry at everything and feeling everything else. I hope that you are not in this too long and it goes by very first for you. With being in lockdown, or wearing masks or anything else in life, you will always have people who do not follow the rules and they think it is ok not to do this and they don't care what will happen. I know being inside is hard, if you can try to find different things to do, try to keep your mind off of this for a while. Walking around the area that you are in or putting on a funny movie or TV show or grabbing a book to read or drawing or painting or baking cookies or try to find something else that you like to do and hopefully it will help you out some. I'm sorry you are not able to get this yet and hopefully you will be able to. I know that is upsetting. I hope that you will be ok soon and that this goes by fast for you and then everything will be ok and you can get back to what you we're. doing. I wish you the best.

•Forums Officer
•HelpLINK Moderator
•Community Moderator•
Article Writer
•Resource Editor
•Newsletter Editor
• Social Media Guru.

"Dance is your pulse, your heartbeat,
It’s the rhythm
of your life.

It’s the expression
in time and movement,

in happiness, joy, sadness and envy.
-Jacques d’Ambroise''
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Lockdown. - July 5th 2021, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfing girl View Post
Hello,

I am so sorry about all of this and I hope that you will be okay soon. When we are in lockdown it is not a good feeling to have, because we are upset, angry at everything and feeling everything else. I hope that you are not in this too long and it goes by very first for you. With being in lockdown, or wearing masks or anything else in life, you will always have people who do not follow the rules and they think it is ok not to do this and they don't care what will happen. I know being inside is hard, if you can try to find different things to do, try to keep your mind off of this for a while. Walking around the area that you are in or putting on a funny movie or TV show or grabbing a book to read or drawing or painting or baking cookies or try to find something else that you like to do and hopefully it will help you out some. I'm sorry you are not able to get this yet and hopefully you will be able to. I know that is upsetting. I hope that you will be ok soon and that this goes by fast for you and then everything will be ok and you can get back to what you we're. doing. I wish you the best.
Thank you for your reply. I will try and take my mind of it.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Lockdown. - July 16th 2021, 10:05 AM

Update:

We have just had our lockdown extended for another 2 weeks. I'm feeling more and more defeated as the days goes on.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Silvan Offline
Woodland resident
I can't get enough

Name: Sue
Pronouns: She/her

Points: 55,485, Level: 33 Points: 55,485, Level: 33 Points: 55,485, Level: 33

Re: Lockdown. - July 16th 2021, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusk. View Post
Update:

We have just had our lockdown extended for another 2 weeks. I'm feeling more and more defeated as the days goes on.
Hey, it's awful to hear the lockdown has been extended. Are the restrictions the same as at the beginning of July, or has something changed?

All of it must be difficult, especially seeing other people not complying with the rules. They are endangering themselves and others and I understand your frustration at their irresponsibility.
Have you thought about engaging in new activities, perhaps together with your boyfriend? Maybe there's something you'd like to try and it's possible at home, such as cooking with a new recipe (or baking cupcakes ), doing jigsaw puzzles, painting, redecorating your home, setting up a home garden, making your own cosmetics... Perhaps you could think of something to do on your own or together, and there are plenty of ideas on the web as well.

Let us know how it's going. It's tough but it'll pass.

Graphic Designer Forum Moderator
ɤ
PM ¦ VM

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Lockdown. - July 17th 2021, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matter View Post

Hey, it's awful to hear the lockdown has been extended. Are the restrictions the same as at the beginning of July, or has something changed?

All of it must be difficult, especially seeing other people not complying with the rules. They are endangering themselves and others and I understand your frustration at their irresponsibility.
Have you thought about engaging in new activities, perhaps together with your boyfriend? Maybe there's something you'd like to try and it's possible at home, such as cooking with a new recipe (or baking cupcakes ), doing jigsaw puzzles, painting, redecorating your home, setting up a home garden, making your own cosmetics... Perhaps you could think of something to do on your own or together, and there are plenty of ideas on the web as well.

Let us know how it's going. It's tough but it'll pass.

Thank you for your reply. The restrictions have gotten even more strict due to the cases not going down as much as we had hoped.

We will be cooking together tonight and we have caught up a lot on the housework. I have been focusing a lot on my studies and editing some of my photos.

I know other countries have had it even more tough but, nonetheless, it's still difficult not being able to see my loved ones or being able to do what I would like to do.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Astro04 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Luca

Points: 4,806, Level: 10 Points: 4,806, Level: 10 Points: 4,806, Level: 10

Re: Lockdown. - July 19th 2021, 06:52 AM

What I can say is people certain times thinks to be smarter than the others, you continue to do the right thing and forget about the others. I have more than a reason to say that to you, but in another forum maybe.
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: Lockdown. - July 21st 2021, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusk. View Post
Update:

I remember when the first lockdown happened in the UK. It kept being extended over and over. I just started to lose hope that we'd ever get out of it. We were in it for around 4 months and I thought it was never going to end.

Then between October and November, Wales had a 2-week lockdown.

Then Wales ended up going into lockdown again on the 19th December. We were the first part of the UK to do so. It was meant to be reviewed after 3 weeks, and the review ended up saying there was an extension. In total we were in lockdown for 5 months. As much as I'd hoped we'd finish after those first 3 weeks, I knew it wasn't going to happen. we had 60,000 cases a day and there was no way the government would open anything up.

A lot of people started losing hope. We thought the lockdown would never end. People's mental and physical health suffered, finances, businesses, everything. I ended up deciding the best way to deal with it, was to expect it to be at least 4 months long. I'd prepared for 4 months worth of lockdown. I handled it pretty well. I kept up with fitness. However my business suffered and I felt quite miserable, but I still kept myself fit. Come the final month I really felt it. That horrible drag and feeling like it's never going to end.

I understand how difficult extensions can be. They're mortifying. The best advice I can give you is to stop hoping the lockdown will end after the time your government sets it to be. Expect it to be a few months longer, and plan for those few months you're going to be stuck being unable to go anywhere or do anything. This way at least you'll be able to keep yourself going that little bit longer. If the lockdown ends, even better, if not, you still have your plan you can stick to.
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Lockdown. - July 21st 2021, 05:48 AM

Thank you for your replies. I completely understand why we had to go into lockdown but it's just hard not being able to do what I like, when I like to or being able to see my family. There's so many things that I had to look forward to such as 2 weddings which I don't know if they will still be happening. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what the future holds.

Closed Thread