Thread: Lockdown.
View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Points: 88,851, Level: 42 Points: 88,851, Level: 42 Points: 88,851, Level: 42

Lockdown. - July 3rd 2021, 06:24 AM

So the state I live in has been in lockdown for the last week and we still have another week to go. The only reasons we can go leave our homes is to exercise outdoors in groups no more than 10, if we cannot work from home, shopping for essential items and for medical care. Essential, my boyfriend and I have been stuck indoors when we're not exercising outside or going to work. I can't even see my parents and I know it's for their safety as well as mine. But today, when I was going for a walk, I saw neighbors mingling together while their kids ride their bikes up and down the street, while their having a chat, no social distancing in sight. One house even had a camp chair on their lawn. I understand it's school holidays and they need to allow their children to have some outlet but how is it fair that my boyfriend, family and I are doing the right thing and there are people out there that simply don't care and break the rules? It makes me not worry about following the rules anymore and doing what I want.