Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: Lockdown. - July 21st 2021, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusk. View Post
Update:

We have just had our lockdown extended for another 2 weeks. I'm feeling more and more defeated as the days goes on.
I remember when the first lockdown happened in the UK. It kept being extended over and over. I just started to lose hope that we'd ever get out of it. We were in it for around 4 months and I thought it was never going to end.

Then between October and November, Wales had a 2-week lockdown.

Then Wales ended up going into lockdown again on the 19th December. We were the first part of the UK to do so. It was meant to be reviewed after 3 weeks, and the review ended up saying there was an extension. In total we were in lockdown for 5 months. As much as I'd hoped we'd finish after those first 3 weeks, I knew it wasn't going to happen. we had 60,000 cases a day and there was no way the government would open anything up.

A lot of people started losing hope. We thought the lockdown would never end. People's mental and physical health suffered, finances, businesses, everything. I ended up deciding the best way to deal with it, was to expect it to be at least 4 months long. I'd prepared for 4 months worth of lockdown. I handled it pretty well. I kept up with fitness. However my business suffered and I felt quite miserable, but I still kept myself fit. Come the final month I really felt it. That horrible drag and feeling like it's never going to end.

I understand how difficult extensions can be. They're mortifying. The best advice I can give you is to stop hoping the lockdown will end after the time your government sets it to be. Expect it to be a few months longer, and plan for those few months you're going to be stuck being unable to go anywhere or do anything. This way at least you'll be able to keep yourself going that little bit longer. If the lockdown ends, even better, if not, you still have your plan you can stick to.