(#4 (permalink)) Old
Mallika Offline
HelpLINK Mentor

Regular TeenHelper

Name: Mallika

Points: 11,409, Level: 15 Points: 11,409, Level: 15 Points: 11,409, Level: 15

Re: Psycho I guess - August 4th 2021, 02:37 AM

Hello there,

Thank you for reaching out! You've already got some good responses here so I will weigh in my two cents.

Like Garyl said, you're 100% not in the wrong. You were heavily manipulated by this man. You did the right thing by leaving him in the past, but being such a toxic person, he's still coming after you. It's not your fault.

I'm sorry that your parents and close friends haven't been supportive. In a time like this, you must remember that you are your own companion. You need to stand your own ground.

I would strongly encourage you to do the following:
- Cut off contact with your friends who seem to be doing things behind your back. You don't need such toxic people in your life.

- Ignore your ex. Don't entertain his actions. Pretend you're undisturbed by what he is doing. A nonchalant attitude will slowly repel him. Once he realises that you're not affected by him anymore, he will lose the impetus to constantly stir up trouble.

- Seek support. Your family hasn't been too helpful, so perhaps you might want to contact your school's counsellor or a teacher. It can be very overwhelming to suffer in silence and put up with everything that has been going on. If needed, you can also sign up with TeenHelp's LINKUp which will match you with a mentor whom you can chat with on a regular basis.

My PMs are also always open if you'd like to chat. And remember, take this as a passing cloud. People may talk now, but something else will come up in the future and this will become a memory. Better days will come. Take care

~ Seize each day and live it like your last ~

HelpLINK Mentor | Forum Moderator