Mallika Offline
HelpLINK Mentor

Regular TeenHelper

Name: Mallika

Points: 11,409, Level: 15 Points: 11,409, Level: 15 Points: 11,409, Level: 15

Re: HELP - September 20th 2021, 08:35 AM

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out!

Like Rivière said, it's quite normal to be drawn to sexual arousal when you're young. However, I'd be concerned if it is affecting your day-to-day life.

As with everything, too much of anything is a bad thing. If you feel that masturbation is taking up too much of your time and energy, be assured that it is 100% possible to reduce your frequency of engaging in it. I know loads of people who have done so. Here are some ideas:

1. Set small goals for yourself. It's not easy to go cold turkey and completely stop masturbating all of a sudden. Plan on how you can masturbate less this week, and then the week, after, and so on. By keeping goals for yourself, it will be easier to overcome this habit. You can keep a journal to track your progress.

2. Engage yourself in other pursuits. Every time you feel the urge to masturbate, try to divert your attention to another hobby that you enjoy. It has to be something you really enjoy - or else you'll choose masturbation over that activity! For example, a good book is a useful distraction.

3. If it is beyond your control, I suggest meeting a reliable adult who can guide you. If you can meet your school counsellor, do that. They will be in a good position to help you.

Remember, anything is possible with effort. Sending you all my best wishes

~ Seize each day and live it like your last ~

HelpLINK Mentor | Forum Moderator