View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
MsNobleEleanor Offline
I can't get enough

Points: 56,119, Level: 34 Points: 56,119, Level: 34 Points: 56,119, Level: 34

Re: Advertising a small business - October 16th 2021, 03:38 AM

Have you advertised on Facebook and/or looked into Facebook groups in your area where you could promote your small business? I know, some areas have online advertisement websites with a variety of listings (houses to cars, jobs, so on) you could try there? (where I am it's called, Kijiji)

If you have done that, it could be other things. Could be due to COVID and people not having money to spend, the risk of going out, to other factors. It could also be in the way you are marketing it, the words you are using, how you are advertising; where, to sometimes unknown factors.

Small businesses can either go slowly to generate business, go fast, or remain stagnant. Have you asked your customers to review your business? Is it searchable on Google search? It's easy to add a business to Google search, from there customers are able to write reviews and you can add your address to other review areas (here we have a few places besides Google review that comes up, like Yelp, Yellow Pages, to name a few).

After a customer visits; consider giving them a card to invite them to review you and maybe a nudge to come back with a small discount on products or something (they would need to bring it back to show proof for the next visit). It may not seem like the best financial plan; if that customer returns, it's a repeat and they most likely will return thereafter.

I can't think of anything else right now. I hope this is helpful. If you have any questions let me know.

Have questions or would like to chat send me a PM
+
Outreach and Communications Officer
Resource Editor
Community Moderator | Forum Moderator