View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Proud90sKid Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: .

Points: 16,617, Level: 18 Points: 16,617, Level: 18 Points: 16,617, Level: 18

Re: International Tolerance Day - November 19th 2021, 02:46 AM

I am tolerant. I am nice to foreign people and I do see them as people, however I personally feel like the over-tolerance of internationals in certain areas has pushed out the local english speaking culture in a lot of instances. I think America should take more of a "browse, but don't touch" relationship with foreigners. Don't force your culture or language on me. And please stop getting annoyed when I can't understand your thick accent (ie. not pronouncing syllables properly). We are only a "melting pot" because this country (founded by white Englishmen) is so great that people from lesser nations wanted to come here to pursue the ideal of the "American dream" during the 19th and 20th century.

When foreigners come here they mostly stick to themselves and create the same social exclusivity that they imagine english speaking Americans to have. Consider Miami for instance: over 65 percent hispanic. Hispanic influence has spread to other areas in south Florida and suddenly the local economic pressure demands that you need to speak Spanish fluently to get a lot of jobs. It is illegal to discriminate against a Spanish speaker for not speaking fluent English if they can still do the job properly, but apparently not illegal for businesses to expect an English speaker to have fluent Spanish. Typical PC bullshit. Even when that isn't an issue, you can get flat out denied a position just for not being Cuban and called a "gringo" in your own country. And its all just "their culture" and "them wanting to stick with themselves". Asians are similar.

Basically, I am all about supporting international culture, but when you come to America, don't try to turn our cities/towns into mini China or mini Cuba.
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 1373172 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!