View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount71

Edit avatar

Re: International Tolerance Day - November 19th 2021, 02:37 PM

This is not in Current Events and Debates, so I don't want to start an argument. But I will point out the United States was not, in fact, founded by White Englishmen. It was stolen from people who were here long before the English ever came to Northern America. To this day those same people have currently been pushed to the very fringes of society. The White Englishmen who came were immigrants just like those you see today. Just something important to remember.

I believe we should actively try and make this world a better place, and I believe that requires acceptance more than tolerance. "Tolerance," to me, is what you do to deal with something you find uncomfortable and/or unpleasant, but that you deem necessary to do. Society will always be made up of different people and different cultures. I think it's important to be more inclusive and understanding, and to welcome others and be open to learning about and accepting them. This is not an "us" versus "them" kind of thing. We are all a part of this world, and we all have to work together if it's going to be sustainable, because the way it's going it won't be. It can be frustrating and confusing to have language barriers or not understand some customs or cultural beliefs, but it's important to try, or to at least honor and allow others the space to practice them. It goes a long way to creating a better world.
3 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Users of TeenHelp have rated post 1373172 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!