View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
FrozenRobot7 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Danni

Points: 9,892, Level: 14 Points: 9,892, Level: 14 Points: 9,892, Level: 14

Grieving the lost of a foreclosed home - December 18th 2021, 04:33 AM

I'm not sure if this is the best place to put this post, but figured grieving a loss of anything can have similar feelings.

Last April my parents and brother had to move out of my childhood home because they house went under foreclosure. We had known about this for quite some time so loosing the house didn't come as a surprise, but it definitely shook everyone. I unfortunately was at college when the official moved happen and therefore wasn't able to pack up my things and wasn't able to say my proper goodbyes to the house. While I knew not having closure with this would be hard, but today for some reason it all hit me like a ton of bricks.

My family unfortunately wasn't able to find a place of their own in time and is now living with my grandmother in her house. This place was certainly not meant for this amount of people that live here now and my family is confined to a basement with no full walls or doors for privacy. I lived with them for three months over the summer and am now back for Christmas break, but for some reason now is finally when my body is attempting to process the loss and I really don't know what to do. All the websites I looked on to help with this sort of thing only gave advice for when you are still in the home, but I am obviously unable to visit the physical house to make my peace with it.

About a month ago I was sent pictures of the house and the renovations done made it almost completely unrecognizable, and I thought seeing that was me making my peace with the house. I have also driven by it and seen the new cars and new people outside of it and I also thought seeing that helped me process the loss. But being in my grandmas house for the holidays has been more difficult than I could have predicted and I don't know what to do to help grieve the loss, especially the uncontrolled loss.

If anyone has been in any similar situation or has any advice to give I would greatly appreciate it

Everything will be okay in the end. If it’s not okay, it’s not the end- John Lennon❤️❤️