View Single Post
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: Stressed out. - January 16th 2022, 11:28 AM

Myself and many others can definitely relate to this one. The constant uncertainty of whether or not governments will close things down or put the country in lockdown, I find, is the biggest stressor. Plus concerns of passing things on to family, especially if they're unwell.

There are some things we can control, and some things we can't. The government closing things down due to rising Covid cases isn't one of them. But your job is something a little more within your control. Look at the parts of it that are causing you stress. Is it the hours? The staff? Management? The tasks you have to perform? The pay? Establish which parts of these are the issue and then break them down further.

Once you've worked out which parts of your job are affecting you, write down potential solutions to the problem. For example, perhaps you're understaffed so have too many hours of work. You could consider seeing if you're able to take some annual leave for a few days to help wind down. Or maybe it's a member of staff you're struggling with, you could consider talking to them, or management, about their behaviour.

I know it's not as easy as just writing down lists of For and Against, or Pros and Cons, but writing things down will at least give you some direction on how to tackle the issues you have at least some control over.