TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Why Me? Here is a safe space to let it all out, where you can rant about all the bad things life throws your way. Sometimes it just helps to ask "why me?"

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Points: 88,663, Level: 42 Points: 88,663, Level: 42 Points: 88,663, Level: 42

Stressed out. - January 13th 2022, 08:23 AM

Everything has piled up on my plate again due to work and Covid-19 and it's only starting to get bigger. Work has literally become my life. I no longer do as much as I like such as going to the gym or going shopping due to the thousands of cases that are being reported in the state I live in. My quality of life has dropped dramatically and I realized only recently just how much it's affecting me such as waking up more frequently during the night and lack of appetite. I feel more guilty about things that I didn't in the past such as spending time with my family and friends and I just feel so tired - emotionally, mentally and physically - all the time.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?

Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39

Re: Stressed out. - January 14th 2022, 08:39 PM

I know you have had a really tough time lately, and I'm sorry that you're dealing with so much, especially with covid cases on the rise. If you ever need to talk you can always message me. Thinking of you.

"Why want another universe if this one has dogs?"

Matt Haig - The Midnight Library

Volunteer Support Officer | Apply to staff
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Stressed out. - January 16th 2022, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everglow. View Post
I know you have had a really tough time lately, and I'm sorry that you're dealing with so much, especially with covid cases on the rise. If you ever need to talk you can always message me. Thinking of you.
Thank you for your reply.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Arabesque- golfing girl. Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance❤️

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Emmie🦋

Points: 108,893, Level: 47 Points: 108,893, Level: 47 Points: 108,893, Level: 47

Re: Stressed out. - January 16th 2022, 11:11 AM

Hi,

I'm sorry for everything that you have been going through and I hope that you will be okay soon. When we have a lot going on, it can be hard to be okay with all of this, when you come home from work try to read for 10 minutes or draw or get a cup of tea that can help calm you down and hopefully you will start to feel a little bit better for the next day. I hope you will be okay soon. to help.

•Forums Officer
•HelpLINK Moderator
•Community Moderator•
Article Writer
•Resource Editor
•Newsletter Editor
• Social Media Guru.

"Dance is your pulse, your heartbeat,
It’s the rhythm
of your life.

It’s the expression
in time and movement,

in happiness, joy, sadness and envy.
-Jacques d’Ambroise''
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: Stressed out. - January 16th 2022, 11:28 AM

Myself and many others can definitely relate to this one. The constant uncertainty of whether or not governments will close things down or put the country in lockdown, I find, is the biggest stressor. Plus concerns of passing things on to family, especially if they're unwell.

There are some things we can control, and some things we can't. The government closing things down due to rising Covid cases isn't one of them. But your job is something a little more within your control. Look at the parts of it that are causing you stress. Is it the hours? The staff? Management? The tasks you have to perform? The pay? Establish which parts of these are the issue and then break them down further.

Once you've worked out which parts of your job are affecting you, write down potential solutions to the problem. For example, perhaps you're understaffed so have too many hours of work. You could consider seeing if you're able to take some annual leave for a few days to help wind down. Or maybe it's a member of staff you're struggling with, you could consider talking to them, or management, about their behaviour.

I know it's not as easy as just writing down lists of For and Against, or Pros and Cons, but writing things down will at least give you some direction on how to tackle the issues you have at least some control over.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Stressed out. - January 17th 2022, 07:50 AM

I am slowly working towards improving my work life - I'm studying to become a teacher so I'm trying to get as much work done as I can to not have to work so much.

Closed Thread