View Single Post
  (#29 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount71

Edit avatar

Re: I need help, trigger warning. - January 17th 2022, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gesty4333 View Post
should i not care about masturbation? i want t it i miws it
I think it's absolutely reasonable and okay to miss masturbation. You underwent a serious trauma tied into not just your bodily autonomy, but your sexuality, sense of sexual pleasure, and exploration of self. That's a lot to struggle to cope with, and it's okay to be where you are at in dealing with that process, even if that's mostly missing masturbation.

My hope is that you'll take whatever time you need for yourself to recover and come to grips with many of the complicated emotions you might be feeling. You are not alone, but that does not mean you have to seek out others right now, or speak out publicly about the horrors of female circumcision. I would honestly be surprised if you were in a place to do so now, as it is still so fresh and you are still probably in a great deal of shock. It will be a long process to healing, both physically and emotionally. Beyond minimizing the risks of physical infection, and making sure your wounds are healing okay, I don't think you need to worry too much about speaking out on behalf of all the women who undergo this atrocity. Let yourself heal at your own pace, and seek out others who have undergone this same experience when you are ready. It could be helpful to be able to speak to others who can relate, but don't feel pressure to do that now if it's not something you are ready for.

Please, focus on taking care of yourself, and remember, it's okay to be wherever you are at in this healing and recovery process.