Thread: Triggering (ED): Food and gut functioning
View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount71

Edit avatar

Food and gut functioning - January 31st 2022, 11:56 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of eating disorders, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I've been open about the fact I have an eating disorder over the years, and I've noticed that for a long time, it's affected the functioning of my gut bacteria, presumably, as it really has a significant influence on my bathroom habits.

My diet has changed significantly in the last few months. For me, there is a very difficult pattern with "safe" foods. It's not so much about weight control as it is I just get to where I can't eat certain foods without feeling sick. I was doing better for a while, and had more regular bathroom habits, but now that I am back to mostly blander foods it's starting to upset things again.

I am planning to work with a dietitian as soon as my insurance allows, and I am also going to get a prescription from my PCP that might help me be able to stomach more varied foods again, since that helped a little in the past. But it's also very inconvenient, and I'd like to know if there is a way to make it better on my own.

I don't want to necessarily take medication, and it's also complicated by the fact my gallbladder was removed five years ago, too. Does anyone have any suggestions that have worked for them?

Last edited by DeletedAccount71; February 2nd 2022 at 04:32 PM.