View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount81

Edit avatar

Re: (tw pet death) Dog is dying - February 25th 2022, 08:27 PM

I'm so sorry to hear that the family dog is about to pass away. It's never easy to lose a pet, and you can never be truly ready for it no matter how much you think you are. It's ok to feel how you're feeling right now.

I think Dez's suggestion of spending time alone with the dog is a great idea. Believe it or not, animals hear us even if they don't have as complex understanding of human language as we do. They recognize the human(s) that have been a major role in their life, they'll hear your voice, and even sense the emotions you're feeling. Dogs, and a lot of other animals, can sense human pain and grief.

I know your mom is probably telling you to leave him be, but I would spend as much time with him as you can now. Get everything out in the open with him, so there is no regret on your part after he passes away.

I again agree with Dez and think it'd be a good idea to talk to your mom about how you're feeling. How you feel remorse at the way you treated the dog in the past, how he never bonded with you as much as he did with her, and spend time grieving together. I'm sure your mom would appreciate it!

We're here for you, Soda. <3
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.