View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Superstar

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,714, Level: 59 Points: 172,714, Level: 59 Points: 172,714, Level: 59

Re: I had my first kiss yesterday :) - May 2nd 2022, 02:18 PM

Congratulations! I’m glad you’re in a new relationship with someone you like!

My biggest piece of advice is communication. Use “I statements” like “I feel” versus “you statements” like “you did this wrong,” because “I statements” can make people feel defensive. Communication isn’t all about what is going wrong though, although it is important to share things that are bothering you. It’s also about what’s going right, what is working, and what you feel like you need. Basically communication makes sure that everyone is on the same page and knows what the other person is expecting.

Trust is also important. Make sure both of you can trust one another and feel comfortable when you two are apart. It’s okay and even important to have friends outside the relationship, for example, and you should be able to trust your partner to have friends. If you don’t, it’s important to evaluate why not. That’s just one example of trust.

Also respect one another. It’s okay to disagree about things or have differences in opinions but be respectful.

Don’t change who you are for the relationship. It’s okay to learn and grow as a person, but don’t do things you’re uncomfortable with or do things that go against your morals and values for the other person.

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive