TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
melol Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Calvin

Points: 402, Level: 3 Points: 402, Level: 3 Points: 402, Level: 3

Smile I had my first kiss yesterday :) - May 2nd 2022, 05:23 AM

It was with this girl (now girlfriend) who apparently everyone knew liked me.. apart from me because I am oblivious to everything. We were both planning on telling each other for the past couple days, and well, now we're together. This is my first ever relationship (im a year older than she is 16&15) and wanted any advice on dating and literally everything that happens in a relationship. Thanks in advance
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Superstar

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,473, Level: 59 Points: 172,473, Level: 59 Points: 172,473, Level: 59

Re: I had my first kiss yesterday :) - May 2nd 2022, 02:18 PM

Congratulations! I’m glad you’re in a new relationship with someone you like!

My biggest piece of advice is communication. Use “I statements” like “I feel” versus “you statements” like “you did this wrong,” because “I statements” can make people feel defensive. Communication isn’t all about what is going wrong though, although it is important to share things that are bothering you. It’s also about what’s going right, what is working, and what you feel like you need. Basically communication makes sure that everyone is on the same page and knows what the other person is expecting.

Trust is also important. Make sure both of you can trust one another and feel comfortable when you two are apart. It’s okay and even important to have friends outside the relationship, for example, and you should be able to trust your partner to have friends. If you don’t, it’s important to evaluate why not. That’s just one example of trust.

Also respect one another. It’s okay to disagree about things or have differences in opinions but be respectful.

Don’t change who you are for the relationship. It’s okay to learn and grow as a person, but don’t do things you’re uncomfortable with or do things that go against your morals and values for the other person.

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Corti Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 112, Level: 1 Points: 112, Level: 1 Points: 112, Level: 1

Re: I had my first kiss yesterday :) - August 3rd 2022, 04:43 AM

Congratulations! This is really important moment and I am glad you liked it.

Talking about relationships - everyone has its own experience so I want to share mine. Please do not keep silent if something go wrong - learn to tell about your feelings and thoughts. Also do not pretend to be someone else - this is really harmful for you and your relationships.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
roshnikhanna Offline
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Roshni
Pronouns: Khanna

Points: 758, Level: 4 Points: 758, Level: 4 Points: 758, Level: 4

Re: I had my first kiss yesterday :) - August 3rd 2022, 12:09 PM

Many Congratulations.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Points: 88,663, Level: 42 Points: 88,663, Level: 42 Points: 88,663, Level: 42

Re: I had my first kiss yesterday :) - August 4th 2022, 09:05 AM

Congratulations!

The only advice I can give you is to be open and honest with your girlfriend as that is the best communication.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Rika Offline
Chat Buddy

Junior TeenHelper

Pronouns: she/they

Points: 13,432, Level: 16 Points: 13,432, Level: 16 Points: 13,432, Level: 16

Re: I had my first kiss yesterday :) - January 11th 2023, 11:25 PM

Hello there

Thanks for posting on TeenHelp! I understand that you got your first kiss yesterday and that you're feeling happy about this. It's totally fine to feel oblivious to things as some of us may not understand or get what is being said or relayed.

I also see that you mentioned this is your first relationship. It sounds like you are excited about this, and wish you nothing but the best with this relationship.

Some advice I would give since you asked is to listen to each other. It is important you both listen and hear each other out. If there are ever any issues, please do speak up about it. I too support the "I statements" as Dez mentioned. "I feel" is a perfect example that Dez said.

Respecting each other is one I also think is huge while in a relationship. You both should respect each other and hear each other out. You can disagree on some things or have different views and opinions, but you should both be respectful of this.

Be open and be honest with your girlfriend too.
Closed Thread