View Single Post
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
~Misguided Ghosts~ Offline
But I'm just a ghost.

TeenHelp Superstar
**************
 
~Misguided Ghosts~'s Avatar
 
Name: Dez
Age: 30
Gender: Agender
Pronouns: They/Them
Location: Connecticut, USA

Posts: 21,017
Points: 194,727, Level: 62
Points: 194,727, Level: 62 Points: 194,727, Level: 62 Points: 194,727, Level: 62
Blog Entries: 181
Join Date: November 16th 2010

Re: Making friends as an adult? - July 10th 2022, 07:13 PM

I think I had an okay time making friends as an adult because I went to college and grad school, but maintaining those friendships is what's been hard now that I've graduated. Besides online friends, there are two people I keep in touch with regularly and hang out with. The others are people that require more energy from me, even though I do care about them dearly and would hate to see anything happen to them, so I don't message them as much. They don't always message me either so it's not just one-sided!

I've always been told that finding things to do like joining clubs like a book club, volunteering, or making friends through work is the way to go. I don't have the self-confidence or the time to volunteer anymore, and I don't know what type of social activity I'd join when my mental health has kind of zapped my hobbies and energy.


Oh, you are not useless
We are just
Misguided ghosts