(#6 (permalink)) Old
Resilient Offline
HelpLINK Officer

Senior TeenHelper

Name: Court
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 27,429, Level: 23 Points: 27,429, Level: 23 Points: 27,429, Level: 23

Re: Making friends as an adult? - July 12th 2022, 02:43 PM

I have two to three good friends that I always talk to. I usually don’t have the time to hang out with any of them, but we’re just happy texting back and forth and getting responses when the other gets the time. Every once in a while our schedules line up and we get together for lunch or whatever but it’s not often. When you are able to line your schedules up with each other, you simply have to take the opportunity because it may not come around again for a long time. It’s just a matter of forcing yourself to obtain and maintain your friendships. Two of my friends are from high school and the other is a former co worker. I still keep in contact with a few of my former coworkers but we’re just not as close as me and my closer friends.

I guess my point is, friendship works both ways. You also have to keep up with your end of the friendship but they also need to keep up their end. Otherwise, the friendship won’t work. Even if it takes you a month to respond to their text or they need to nudge you to get you to respond, you’re still trying to maintain the friendship too.

Resilient
1. (of a person or animal) able to withstand or recover quickly from difficult conditions.
2. (of a substance or object) able to recoil or spring back into shape after bending, stretching, or being compressed.

We all possess resilience, we just need to realize it.

Lead Moderator | HelpLINK Officer