View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Superstar

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,823, Level: 59 Points: 172,823, Level: 59 Points: 172,823, Level: 59

Re: Lost all my friends - July 25th 2022, 01:00 AM

I don't think you did the wrong thing here.
First, you deserve people in your life who won't spread lies and won't be kind to you one day and mean to you the next. Friends should be kind to you, and if they're upset with you for some reason, they should be able to talk it out with you and let you know what is going on instead of being mean or spreading rumors. As far as your other friend, I think that he strung you along a bit by sending you memes and telling you things but then ignoring it if you texted him something and refusing to make decisions. It's almost like he lead you on, which isn't fair to you either! You deserve better.
If you do want to try it again with either one of them I'd give it time for things to cool down and then evaluate whether or not you think anything will change if you do try again. Will they continue to treat you in the same way that they are now? If so, it may not be a friendship that is worth pursuing. If you do try one more time, I'd let them know that you want to put things in the past. But, to me, the friends seem sketchy, especially the one who made up lies about you, and that doesn't seem like the type of person you want in your life.
I know you said you have anxiety and it's hard for you to make friends. Does your school or local area have any clubs or volunteering opportunities you can try to take part in? The good thing with those is that you know you have a common interest with the people you are with, so talking about that interest takes the pressure off of figuring out what to talk about. Once you have talked to them for a while the conversations may naturally branch out into other subjects as well.
I think you are a good person, and you deserve to find friends that treat you the right way. I know you can find them.

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive