Thread: Non-PG13 (Strong Language): Scared and Guilty
View Single Post
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount81

Edit avatar

Re: Scared and Guilty - September 20th 2022, 09:04 PM

Hi Addie, thanks for reaching out. I'm so sorry that I couldn't get to this thread sooner and provide my own advice to you. I can definitely understand how you didn't want to tell your mother about snooping through her room, using her vibrator, and consequently breaking it. You're at an age where it's ok to be curious about these sort of things, and I imagine you were surprised at finding out your mother (who's in her 50s) has one of these.

I am not sure if writing a letter was the right way to go about it, and I wish I was able to respond sooner to provide my input. I was away all weekend and then came down with a cold. Anyways, I think it would've been better if you had a face to face conversation with your mother and explained everything to her. I believe she would've gotten upset either way; but at least you were taking the mature route with addressing the situation.

I don't know your mother and I don't know the sort of relationship you have with her. I don't know how she reacted and I hope you are safe now. I don't like using the "God punish you" or "well, this is a lesson well learnt!" because they're so archaic. They basically promote the treatment children and adolescent got way back when but are unacceptable today. To put it short, I hope you've realized that this was a mistake and you will not do it again.

Maybe in a while — wait at least a couple weeks — you can sit down with your mother again and explain to her how you've been 'feeling' and that's what led you to use the vibrator. That is, if you understand what they're intended for. Otherwise, I would just stay away from that until you're a little bit older.

Again, I'm so sorry I couldn't get to this sooner and provide helpful insight.