View Single Post
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Superstar

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,892, Level: 59 Points: 172,892, Level: 59 Points: 172,892, Level: 59

Re: Attitude towards finances/constant feeling of guilt - December 3rd 2022, 02:13 PM

Hey!

I think one thing that may help is checking the facts. It's true that you are in a place where you are able to get what you need, and it's true that not everyone can do that. But it's also not something that you can help. You don't control the prices of things like you mentioned. It's also not your fault that other people are in that situation (and it's not theirs either). It also doesn't make you a bad person that you're able to get what you need.

Do you think that if you have time you'd be able to volunteer somewhere like a homeless shelter, food bank, something like that? It's okay if you'd rather not do this or if you're unable to do this, but I'm wondering if it may help because you're doing something to help those that aren't always able to get what they need.

Maybe the way you think about money shows that you're just a good person. I think the way you described things shows that you truly care about others and want the best for them. Of course, that doesn't help the guilt but maybe it's something you can remind yourself of when you start to feel guilty or upset.

I don't know if this helps any but I just wanted to let you know your feelings are valid, but you're not a bad person for where you come from.

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive