Ambedo. Offline
I'm as sane as I ever was.

I can't get enough

Name: Sam
Pronouns: she/her

Points: 40,752, Level: 29 Points: 40,752, Level: 29 Points: 40,752, Level: 29

Re: very gay for a girl, pleas help - September 15th 2023, 07:29 PM

Hey there,

Asking someone else out can be scary! I definitely understand why you're feeling nervous about asking her to go to the trampoline park with you.

I think your decision to ask her 1 on 1 is a great one. It avoids putting her on the spot and will also allow the two of you to speak freely without other people inviting themselves along. You mentioned that she's always with her friends. Do you have any time together, such as in a class or on the bus, where there are fewer friends around her? While neither of those is an ideal place to ask someone out, both locations do provide you with the opportunity to ask if she would be willing and able to set aside some time for the two of you to talk privately. She may seem to always be surrounded by others at school, but that definitely doesn't mean it wouldn't be possible for the two of you to have a conversation alone!

If you do get that opportunity, be clear about why you want to hang out. If you want it to be a date, then make sure you tell her that! One of the most common things we run into as members of the LGBTQ+ community is having one (or sometimes both) people involved not knowing for sure if an outing is a date or a platonic hangout. That being said, you did mention that you want this to be more platonic and that you plan to use your time at the trampoline park to just get to know her better. That's perfectly fine as well! If that's the route that you want to go, then let her know that you'd like to get to know her better outside of school and thought that the trampoline park could be a fun way to do that.

I hope this helped some! Please feel free to respond to this thread or shoot me a PM if you want to talk about this more.

Take care,
Sam

wanderlust consumed her;
foreign hearts & exotic minds compelled her.
she had a gypsy soul
and a vibrant heart for the unknown.
-d. marie