View Single Post
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Proud90sKid Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: .

Points: 16,684, Level: 18 Points: 16,684, Level: 18 Points: 16,684, Level: 18

Re: Nintedo 3DS and Wii U be turned off by April 2024 - January 7th 2024, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celyn View Post
I never had a 3DS or Wii U. But I do have a nintendo DS and wii and still use them sometimes (mainly playing nintendogs and animal crossing )
3DS and Wii U were both dumb systems. For whatever reason, 3D was a huge fad in the early 2010s and many people were buying 3D TVs for their homes. 3D suddenly became all the rage. Popular movies like Tron and Avatar were being released in 3D. Tron didn't even have that great of a story, but had some of the best special effects ever seen at the time. The 3DS offers 3D without 3D goggles because the screen actually is arranged in a way that shows a slightly different picture to each eye- simulating depth. Then the 3D fad died and they came out with the cheaper 2DS.

Wii U was an absolute pain to set up. You needed this awkward gamepad (that was supposed to be a gimmick, but ended up just being annoying) that needed to be charged, wii controllers, the wii dock, and of course all the wires that go into hooking up to the TV (because despite the gamepad, you needed the TV as well!). I believe that the Wii U was nintendo's worst selling system. I have it all somewhere but I'd have to look for all these components just to play a game. So my system was rarely used. Mario Party 10 was a good game though.