View Single Post
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Superstar

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,947, Level: 59 Points: 172,947, Level: 59 Points: 172,947, Level: 59

Re: Return of night time anxiety - January 13th 2024, 10:43 PM

I'm so sorry you're going through that!

Do you think changing the environment you're sleeping in can help? Depending on what some of the anxieties are you can even get a night light if you think that would help, there's no shame in having one at any age! I also don't think there's anything wrong with hugging a teddy bear or other stuffed animal at any age. If you have the space to do it, maybe you can rearrange your room and put things in new places where they feel more comfortable to you. Or you can just make simple changes.

Maybe a physical noise machine or noise machine app on your phone will help for white noise (I find brown noise to be better for me personally). Also try guided meditations or progressive muscle relaxation that you can do right from your bed. There are videos on YouTube that can help you do this.

It also may help to develop a nighttime routine. For example, take a bath or shower before bed and use a calming smelling lotion. I use the eucalyptus stress one from Bath and Body Works. You can light a scented candle or incense while you are still awake, just make sure to put it out before you go to bed. Maybe even read a few chapters of a book before bed as long as it won't stimulate you. The goal is to relax you before you go to sleep.

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.