View Single Post
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
TH Anonymous Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 34,237, Level: 26 Points: 34,237, Level: 26 Points: 34,237, Level: 26

Re: Assertive Communication and Recovering from People-Pleasing - January 29th 2024, 02:40 AM

[SIZE="a"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TH Anonymous View Post
[SIZE="a"]

Thank you, this is very helpful. Another thing that I've learned today is if someone asks whether I'm free and then plans to then pressure me into doing a favor I can say, " I have some things to do but I may be able to move things around. Why, what's going on?" and that way I can hear what is being requested and can choose whether I want to do that thing or not without being cornered into a situation.[/size]
I am sorry for the repeated posts, I am not sure how to go back and edit since I am anonymous. I got a reply text from her and I did not click on it but just read it from the notification pop-up. She said 2 main things, one is asking me to leave later on Thursday (I claimed to have a prior commitment on Thursday that I had forgotten about) and then the second part is her saying that the teacher who I liked working with was looking forward to working with me and that when I had mentioned preferring to work with her she made that happen for me.

I cannot get myself to reply to this. I feel horrible. I feel like I am being so mean and bad![/size]