View Single Post
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
TH Anonymous Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Points: 34,237, Level: 26 Points: 34,237, Level: 26 Points: 34,237, Level: 26

Re: Assertive Communication and Recovering from People-Pleasing - January 30th 2024, 02:26 PM

[SIZE="a"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennui. View Post
I don't think you have to answer at this point, or only say "I can't do what you're asking at this point in time" and leave it at that if you can't leave later on Thursday. I also don't think that the part where they said the teacher is looking forward to working with you really warrants a reply.
Last thing that happened was that I reiterated that I thought I was available but turns out I'm not (I don't remember the exact words) Then she said "okay. Everyone will be disappointed especially the [family last name] kids" I did not answer that and I had a very stressful day at iop to be honest and that text in the morning definitely made a big impact on how my morning was and my day was just continuously hard and did not get the support I needed due to one of two therapists in total being absent. And just feeling like the groups dysregulated me more than were helpful.
So I ended up curling up in a ball and going to sleep with my clothes on and everything and then the supervisor calls me and wakes me up. She calls me once in the evening and once at night. Leaving a voicemail saying to call her back. I ignored both. I've been havinv a lot of "unusual" days since I started iop that led me to not meeting with my 1:1 therapist and Wednesday last week was my first day and I went to iop Wednesday, Thursday and Friday and Monday and i only met with my 1:1 twice and it was almost going to be no meeting with her on Friday but then I wanted to meet with her but I wasn't even as dysregulated as I was on Monday.

But yeah...I'm feeling veey stressed and her calling didn't help at all. I don't know hoe long I can ignore her for before I feel like it is rude to not call back[/size]