rising like a skyscraper 💜
Regular TeenHelper

Pronouns: she/her, they/them

Points: 2,205, Level: 7 Points: 2,205, Level: 7 Points: 2,205, Level: 7

Re: Travel Bucket List - February 11th 2024, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeuroBeautiful View Post
[Edited]

I like this thread. I really want to go to Lebanon, Israel Finland, France and Japan. Lebanon and Israel because of my heritage, France because I was born there and Finland/Japan because they seem interesting. I'd really love to travel all over and go deeper than simply tourist sites. I'd love to work on a farm, stay by a host family, live among locals and do research in the social sciences and arts and/or community and humanitarian projects. So to me it is more of how I travel than where I go but those countries listed are the ones I want to definitely visit.
I have no desire to visit Lebanon, but I would love to learn about how my heritage connects to Lebanon and the general Levant region! According to my AncestryDNA results (at least as of July 2023) I have less than 1% — greater than 0% — ethnic match to the Levant! I mean, this is probably going back a couple thousands of years. I know there was a migration of Phoenicians to Classical Greece and Rome in antiquity.

It'd still be interesting to make that connection, though.

Speaking of Italy, I know it might never happen again, but I kind of do want to go back to Italy but just for the sake of discovering my ancestral history. The same can be said of Ireland, Scotland, and Wales.

Last edited by PSY; April 16th 2024 at 02:03 AM. Reason: See comments around editing previous posts in this thread.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.