TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Travel and Exploring New Sights Whether you're going somewhere for a few days, want to learn about other places in the world, or just want to share your latest Instagram shots, this is the forum for you.

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Butterscotch. Offline
rising like a skyscraper 💜
Junior TeenHelper

Pronouns: she/her, they/them

Points: 1,821, Level: 6 Points: 1,821, Level: 6 Points: 1,821, Level: 6

Travel Bucket List - February 5th 2024, 08:17 PM

What places do you have on your travel bucket list?

For me, I had a whole bunch when I was younger but that has changed now I'm older.

I'd really like to travel to Canada, particularly the provinces my earliest Irish-Canadian ancestors settled in.
I'd love to go to New York State as well as New York City.
If possible and I can get over my fear of flying, I'd love to go visit Europe. Particularly Ireland and Italy.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
NeuroBeautiful Offline
Please call that story back.
I've been here a while

Name: Violet

Points: 29,446, Level: 24 Points: 29,446, Level: 24 Points: 29,446, Level: 24

Re: Travel Bucket List - February 7th 2024, 06:52 PM

[Edited]

I like this thread. I really want to go to Lebanon, Israel Finland, France and Japan. Lebanon and Israel because of my heritage, France because I was born there and Finland/Japan because they seem interesting. I'd really love to travel all over and go deeper than simply tourist sites. I'd love to work on a farm, stay by a host family, live among locals and do research in the social sciences and arts and/or community and humanitarian projects. So to me it is more of how I travel than where I go but those countries listed are the ones I want to definitely visit.

~Show Yourself
Step Into Your Power~

~Grow Yourself,
Into Something New~

Last edited by PSY; April 16th 2024 at 02:01 AM. Reason: Removed response to the post above, which was removed due to behavior that goes against TeenHelp's CoC.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Superstar

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,646, Level: 59 Points: 172,646, Level: 59 Points: 172,646, Level: 59

Re: Travel Bucket List - February 7th 2024, 09:31 PM

I don't have any specific travel goals except going to the places where my online friends are to visit them.

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Points: 88,885, Level: 42 Points: 88,885, Level: 42 Points: 88,885, Level: 42

Re: Travel Bucket List - February 10th 2024, 08:26 AM

I would love to go to Greece.

I also would love to go to all of the Disneyland and Universal Studios theme parks.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Rob Offline
Project Coordinator

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Rob
Pronouns: He/Him

Points: 101,236, Level: 45 Points: 101,236, Level: 45 Points: 101,236, Level: 45

Re: Travel Bucket List - February 10th 2024, 12:33 PM

I have so many places I want to visit, I've been trying to go to more places over the last few years since everything opened after the pandemic. I'd love to visit more cities in Europe like Vienna, Prague, Budapest, Copenhagen and Stockholm. I would love to travel across South-East Asia, places like Singapore, Vietnam, Thailand, Bali. Nearly 10 years ago I visited Japan and it was one of my favourite places in the world so I definitely want to go back too. I tend to find a lot of places I travel to I rush around a lot, so I'd quite like to just sit on a tropical beach sometime!
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Dawn. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

TeenHelp Veteran

Points: 88,885, Level: 42 Points: 88,885, Level: 42 Points: 88,885, Level: 42

Re: Travel Bucket List - February 11th 2024, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
I have so many places I want to visit, I've been trying to go to more places over the last few years since everything opened after the pandemic. I'd love to visit more cities in Europe like Vienna, Prague, Budapest, Copenhagen and Stockholm. I would love to travel across South-East Asia, places like Singapore, Vietnam, Thailand, Bali. Nearly 10 years ago I visited Japan and it was one of my favourite places in the world so I definitely want to go back too. I tend to find a lot of places I travel to I rush around a lot, so I'd quite like to just sit on a tropical beach sometime!
I went to Japan last November and I had so much fun! It was definitely a great place to go.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Butterscotch. Offline
rising like a skyscraper 💜
Junior TeenHelper

Pronouns: she/her, they/them

Points: 1,821, Level: 6 Points: 1,821, Level: 6 Points: 1,821, Level: 6

Re: Travel Bucket List - February 11th 2024, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeuroBeautiful View Post
[Edited]

I like this thread. I really want to go to Lebanon, Israel Finland, France and Japan. Lebanon and Israel because of my heritage, France because I was born there and Finland/Japan because they seem interesting. I'd really love to travel all over and go deeper than simply tourist sites. I'd love to work on a farm, stay by a host family, live among locals and do research in the social sciences and arts and/or community and humanitarian projects. So to me it is more of how I travel than where I go but those countries listed are the ones I want to definitely visit.
I have no desire to visit Lebanon, but I would love to learn about how my heritage connects to Lebanon and the general Levant region! According to my AncestryDNA results (at least as of July 2023) I have less than 1% — greater than 0% — ethnic match to the Levant! I mean, this is probably going back a couple thousands of years. I know there was a migration of Phoenicians to Classical Greece and Rome in antiquity.

It'd still be interesting to make that connection, though.

Speaking of Italy, I know it might never happen again, but I kind of do want to go back to Italy but just for the sake of discovering my ancestral history. The same can be said of Ireland, Scotland, and Wales.

Last edited by PSY; April 16th 2024 at 02:03 AM. Reason: See comments around editing previous posts in this thread.
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
NeuroBeautiful Offline
Please call that story back.
I've been here a while

Name: Violet

Points: 29,446, Level: 24 Points: 29,446, Level: 24 Points: 29,446, Level: 24

Re: Travel Bucket List - February 20th 2024, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterscotch. View Post

I have no desire to visit Lebanon, but I would love to learn about how my heritage connects to Lebanon and the general Levant region! According to my AncestryDNA results (at least as of July 2023) I have less than 1% — greater than 0% — ethnic match to the Levant! I mean, this is probably going back a couple thousands of years. I know there was a migration of Phoenicians to Classical Greece and Rome in antiquity.

It'd still be interesting to make that connection, though.

Speaking of Italy, I know it might never happen again, but I kind of do want to go back to Italy but just for the sake of discovering my ancestral history. The same can be said of Ireland, Scotland, and Wales.
That's super cool! I think I'm interested enough I want to visit because it is literally my parents' homeland whereas for you it is a more distant connection. I hope you can find some nice connections there though.

I have an aunt who still lives in Lebanon who is older and I don't think even speaks English. I never met her and I hope to before she passes away. I would want to visit the city of Beruit including the synogogue my grandparents got married in. I would also want to visit Zahle , the town where my father grew up. I think other than that I'd want to visit more generally, be among the cedar trees, mountains, beaches. From what I hear, it is a beautiful land. I would want to visit Syria too but I made a rule for myself that if I travel to any place that is experiencing crisis, civil unrest or something of that sort that I should go at least part of the time for humanitarian volunteer work. So I think if I do visit Syria I would do with that in mind. Whereas Lebanon and Israel, I have specific places I want to go and the 3 places are in the same region so I feel like I could do a volunteer project in just Syria while the other 2 places, I focus on my heritage/spiritual connection. I know my family is from the Levant region but most recently in my ancestry was Lebanon and Syria.

I alao want to visit South America. My mother grasped languages very quickly, she had a gift and supposedly she visited South America and was able to speak Spanish not just fluently but was able to change her dialect to fit the country to the point that locals thought she was native to wherever she would go. She was fluent in 4 languages and familiar enough to get by in at least 3 other languages. She also knew computer programming languages but I guess that's a bit different ��

I don't think I'm gifted (not really gifted in anything lol) but I think it is so cool and I would love to be able to pickup on new languages or improve in the ones I know while I travel.

Israel, my grandfather is buried there and I would want to go to specific religious sites.

~Show Yourself
Step Into Your Power~

~Grow Yourself,
Into Something New~
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 57,786, Level: 34 Points: 57,786, Level: 34 Points: 57,786, Level: 34

Re: Travel Bucket List - April 9th 2024, 07:42 PM

Canada and Scandinavian and Nordic countries. Maybe a tour of Europe. And visiting the Disney and other theme parks across the world

Mentoring and Support Team Leader | Click here to volunteer
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Soda_Voxel Offline
Doing my best
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Please call me Soda.
Pronouns: She/her

Points: 12,679, Level: 16 Points: 12,679, Level: 16 Points: 12,679, Level: 16

Re: Travel Bucket List - April 10th 2024, 06:22 PM

I've only been to one country other than my own, which was Poland to visit my best friend. Other than going back there, I'd love to go Scotland, Ireland, and maybe one day in the distant future, Japan. I'm pretty bad with travel, so it will take a lot of guts to go to other countries, especially on planes.

It's enough to live a live with love until we die
Autism, Depression, Anxiety