NeuroBeautiful Offline
Please call that story back.
I've been here a while

Name: Violet

Points: 29,677, Level: 24 Points: 29,677, Level: 24 Points: 29,677, Level: 24

Re: Travel Bucket List - February 20th 2024, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterscotch. View Post

I have no desire to visit Lebanon, but I would love to learn about how my heritage connects to Lebanon and the general Levant region! According to my AncestryDNA results (at least as of July 2023) I have less than 1% — greater than 0% — ethnic match to the Levant! I mean, this is probably going back a couple thousands of years. I know there was a migration of Phoenicians to Classical Greece and Rome in antiquity.

It'd still be interesting to make that connection, though.

Speaking of Italy, I know it might never happen again, but I kind of do want to go back to Italy but just for the sake of discovering my ancestral history. The same can be said of Ireland, Scotland, and Wales.
That's super cool! I think I'm interested enough I want to visit because it is literally my parents' homeland whereas for you it is a more distant connection. I hope you can find some nice connections there though.

I have an aunt who still lives in Lebanon who is older and I don't think even speaks English. I never met her and I hope to before she passes away. I would want to visit the city of Beruit including the synogogue my grandparents got married in. I would also want to visit Zahle , the town where my father grew up. I think other than that I'd want to visit more generally, be among the cedar trees, mountains, beaches. From what I hear, it is a beautiful land. I would want to visit Syria too but I made a rule for myself that if I travel to any place that is experiencing crisis, civil unrest or something of that sort that I should go at least part of the time for humanitarian volunteer work. So I think if I do visit Syria I would do with that in mind. Whereas Lebanon and Israel, I have specific places I want to go and the 3 places are in the same region so I feel like I could do a volunteer project in just Syria while the other 2 places, I focus on my heritage/spiritual connection. I know my family is from the Levant region but most recently in my ancestry was Lebanon and Syria.

I alao want to visit South America. My mother grasped languages very quickly, she had a gift and supposedly she visited South America and was able to speak Spanish not just fluently but was able to change her dialect to fit the country to the point that locals thought she was native to wherever she would go. She was fluent in 4 languages and familiar enough to get by in at least 3 other languages. She also knew computer programming languages but I guess that's a bit different ��

I don't think I'm gifted (not really gifted in anything lol) but I think it is so cool and I would love to be able to pickup on new languages or improve in the ones I know while I travel.

Israel, my grandfather is buried there and I would want to go to specific religious sites.

~Show Yourself
Step Into Your Power~

~Grow Yourself,
Into Something New~
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.