View Single Post
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
NeuroBeautiful Offline
Please call that story back.
I've been here a while

Name: Violet

Points: 29,677, Level: 24 Points: 29,677, Level: 24 Points: 29,677, Level: 24

Paul "Man in the Iron Lung" dies at age 78 on March 11th, 2024 - March 19th 2024, 04:49 AM

I watch SBSK on YouTube and Paul was featured back in 2022. The video description states:

"Paul survived polio in the 1950's and has used an iron lung to breathe ever since. He would go on to college, while moving his iron lung into a dorm room, and eventually became a lawyer. Paul wants others to know that you just have to keep fighting because miracles can happen. "

He has an incredible story. He was the only man left living in an Iron Lung. He not only was an interesting icon to study in the fields of history, psychology, biology and technology but he is an example of human resilience and strength in a unique hardship but nonetheless inspiring in a universal way.

Rest In Peace Paul.

The episode of his interview can be viewed here. There are other interviews and articles about him I'm sure that you can probably find. He is also a published author and lawyer so I am curious if he wrote any personal writings like a memoir of sorts that can be found in the library. I have yet to search that up.

~Show Yourself
Step Into Your Power~

~Grow Yourself,
Into Something New~

Last edited by NeuroBeautiful; March 19th 2024 at 05:05 PM.