Project Coordinator

I can't get enough

Name: Haley
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 43,644, Level: 30 Points: 43,644, Level: 30 Points: 43,644, Level: 30

Re: Coloring eggs - March 30th 2024, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterscotch. View Post

There are more than one way to do colored eggs! Typically you hard boil the egg in water so the inside in cooked before doing the craft. Some people rather leave the eggs raw and then use them for an Easter brunch.

With painting, you use the really skinny brushes and I would suggest using pastel colors instead of bold colors as that'll be more "spring" vibes. Usually egg decorating kits come with a stand you can place the egg on while you paint.

Recently, my mum found a product on Amazon that you lay the cooked egg on. I strongly recommend hard-boiling the egg with this one, as the momentum and pressure is pretty strong (think of when you're doing tie-dye paper) and can crack the egg! Like with the paintbrushes, use thin pastel-colored markers and try not to apply too much pressure. I felt like a pro as I watch a lot of woodworking on HGTV.

It's just a way too add some decor to the Easter holiday. For me, I have plastic colored eggs that I bought off Amazon and have them hanging on my year-round decorative "Christmas" tree.
Thank you! It would be interesting to experiment with all the different ways. Tie dying eggs piques my interest in particular.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque- golfing girl. View Post

Hi , you boil the eggs and let them cool for a while, then you use a kit, one of these, https://www.target.com/p/5pk-easter-...E&gclsrc=aw.ds you dye the Easter eggs, you use the tablets, add vinegar and water to this and then you put your eggs in it and your eggs will be difficult colors. Or if you enjoy using paint or add ribbon or stickers or sparkles or rhinestones or add anything else to the eggs to make it colorful and you can buy this from the different grocery stores and then have fun decorating the eggs to make them pretty for Easter. I hope you can try this one day, you will have so much fun.
Thank you Emmie, this sounds fun, the kid in me is excited to try this! Thanks for the idea!
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.