(#3 (permalink)) Old
SimplyComplex Offline
SimplyComplex :)
I've been here a while

Name: Melissa

Points: 16,273, Level: 18 Points: 16,273, Level: 18 Points: 16,273, Level: 18

Re: rape... - May 15th 2009, 03:04 AM

Cassie,

Let me just say, you are an inspiration. I mean that. It's not just icing. Many people suffer from hidden rape and abuse, they go years surviving and simply hide it when they're free. It's understandable; hiding. You're all strong for simply surviving. I find that stories like these are an inspiration though. Not only to those suffering, but for some who may in the future. I remember hearing a story of a girl who stood up for herself because she heard of another girl doing the same. It can be a light when everything feels to be getting dark.

I know it's hard. Coming out, was hard. Confronting, was hard. And everything else that followed is probably the same. But, you will recover. I know it. You can show him and every other person alike him that we won't let them take us down with them. I think you showed that. You should be very proud of yourself. Very. You saved other victims. It might not feel like that completely, but in time. You're still healing too.

I hope this all gets a little easier for you. Even though it can't be erased, I think dealing with it can make us stronger. We can turn this around into a positive gain for us, somehow. Take care <3

01 // 10 // 11

Baby stand tall. You can have it all.

Don't you worry your pretty little mind, people throw rocks at things that shine..