View Single Post
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Lugez Offline
Asshole
Senior TeenHelper

Points: 15,360, Level: 18 Points: 15,360, Level: 18 Points: 15,360, Level: 18

Re: How to Get to Heaven (any religion) - May 21st 2009, 09:10 PM

I don't believe in heaven or hell either. However, I do believe that one day we must face the consequences of our actions. I can't say what the consequences are and when they occur, because I have no idea. But eternal damnation in hell sounds a little excessive for a stupid human being. Don't you think?

I feel the same way when thinking in the opposite way as well. Living a good life for some years doesn't seem like a good enough reason to live in paradise for eternity.

I believe more in a "nirvana" or "enlightenment" type thing. To me, that makes much more sense than having one place where everyone goes. Because everyone is different, and we each individually have to find our place. Our own individual salvation. And it will occur at our own individual discretion as we keep living our lives.

As for my body...I rather be cremated, and my ashes spread...Eh, somewhere. Not sure yet. But I don't want to be buried because I don't like the idea of having to go somewhere just to remember me. I don't want a small little monument dedicated to me. I'd rather live on in other people's memories.