Annoni Offline
Maker of long replies
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Nic

Points: 10,703, Level: 15 Points: 10,703, Level: 15 Points: 10,703, Level: 15

Re: Belief in God without Religion? - July 10th 2009, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaCraig View Post
the only one between ME and GOD is JESUS.
Be careful what you say. You forget there's the Holy Spirit too. A lot of people forget that.

Quote:
And more often then not - my anger at GOD - is really not about GOD at all. It's about my DAD.
Don't forget God is your eternal Father

Quote:
When was the last time YOU saw a person move a mountain?! lol
Mark 11:22-24 :: "Have faith in God," Jesus answered. "I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours."

Don't forget that we can share God's power and authority through the Holy Spirit, but that's at a much higher level of faith than most people would "risk" having.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concrete Girl View Post

Okay, I appreciate your post. But to be honest, it confuses me even more.
What about the Christians, can you honestly say they haven't defined their God? I know the bible is supposed to be written by God himself, but how do we know that? God hasn't recently come down and and told everyone every single thing about himself, so therefore I really find it hard to understand how NOT to believe what we want to believe about God - there's no possible way you can know everything about God. If I'm going to believe in God, I need to know who he is. And if I feel that I can't truly define what God I believe in by reading the bible, I'm sure as Hell going to imagine him as the God I think he is. And how can you say that God would not understand? He is the one who has decided not to tell us everything about himself and the world.

I'm not trying to turn this into a debate though, that's just my honest opinion. Until the day someone comes up to me and tells me every truthful fact about God, I'm going to believe the things I believe a God I would worship would do.
Think about this. How could you get to know a person? There is talking to them and spending time with them, and also you can learn a lot about a person by their journal.

Talking -> Prayer
Journal -> Bible

I cannot stress how important the bible is. You cannot pick it up and expect to understand everything. God is a mysterious God, I'm sure it's even said right in that Bible. We cannot fathom His glory, His greatness, His love. You can keep getting to know Him more and more though prayer (talking WITH Him, not TO Him) and reading that Bible.
Other Christians certainly have tried to define God. This is a problem for a lot of Christians. They will be judged fairly and justly when their time comes, but I know they should not be doing that. That is a fault with the Christian religion, whereas you will not find that near as much when people seek a relationship with God instead.
If God came down and told You every single thing about Himself... He would be repeating Himself somewhat. He already told through the Bible and the angels have sung it forever. He is HOLY, He is LOVE, He is CARING, He is COMPASSIONATE, He is FORGIVING, He is so much more even beyond that. But our minds are so limited to understanding what this all truly means, and such is the glory of God.
If you need to know everything about someone before you follow them, there can be no faith. What glory is it to Him is you do not even trust in Him to have faith? That faith is our only way to show our trust to Him, and no one is more deserving of trust than him.

Any other questions?

EDIT: SWEET. Auto post merging feature for double posts

Last edited by Annoni; July 10th 2009 at 01:56 AM.